Do Bans Affect Your Matchmaking?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalmageddon667

02-16-2013

So I was recently banned, given the title. I agree with about half of the games displayed, but toxicity in one game does deserve a punishment, and for that I apologize. I just got off my ban this time, and now I'm making it my duty to be nice and instead of retaliating to trolls and ragers, just mute them and carry on being nice.

So my first game back, I solo queued. First half of champ select was fine, whatever. Second to last pick took the ADC position, which caused the last pick to rage as usual. I didn't say much really, just kinda carried on my merry way knowing that if I get involved, the game only gets worse, and then I can be found guilty of something.

So the game started, and all was fairly well, except for the support who was still mad that he couldn't play ADC like he wanted. A little into the game I had to hide under my turret (I'm mid by the way) awaiting the creeps that the enemy was pushing, while avoiding poke as I had taken enough and more poke would result in either my recall or an initiation from the enemy for a kill. So I'm sitting there, and my jungler starts AoE pushing my lane like nobody's tomorrow, and taking all the CS. I ask them POLITELY that I would not like my lane to be pushed, and that I would like the CS from my lane, to which they reply "Suck my dick ******!" I thought to myself "Resonable response", but did nothing and just muted them and figured, well I'm on my own for this one. The bot lane steps in and starts being a bunch of ignorant jerks as well to me for trying to politely convey a message that I would like to play my lane. The support is just mad in general, and I have no other thoughts or reasoning except that the ADC had queued with the jungler and was being defensive of her friend.

So I think nothing of it, mute them, say nothing **** talkery to them, and continue playing. Occasionally during the games where I have to mute people, I unmute them just in case they have simmered down, and have actual important messages to relay. Top lane starts raging at me because I didn't roam. Yes I was middle, and I should have, but I was very far behind as my jungler liked to push my lane and take my CS, so I couldn't get much farm, and thus couldn't kill the enemy that I countered. I could have roamed and maybe relieved some pressure, but as it is solo queue, one can only really rely on themselves to win the game, so I wanted to stay where I could get farm: Which was in my lane when the jungler wasn't there, and at both teams wraith camps when they were up. So now top is mad at me too, so all 4 players on the team are just livid and I can't tell why.

About 40 minutes in, I take our blue. My very first blue of the entire game. I wasn't dying, I wasn't feeding, but the jungler was just mad that I asked them not to push my lane, so they were taking essentially everything from my lane and the jungle (except when I was able to quickly get some CS and some jungle camps so I wasn't starved). The jungler was pinging me to back off of the blue, and this was to be expected as they wanted it. They didn't really need it as badly as I direly did, so I proceeded to take it. This obviously sparked some rage which, again, was to be expected. I had them unmuted temporarily at the time, and their reaction was "WOW, OMFG THIS ****ING TALON, REPORTED, I QUIT." Thankfully they still played (and we won because of it, likely would not have had they actually ragequit over a blue). Top lane says "Yeah, I agree, doesn't ****ing roam, such a trash ******, I'm reporting him too" something along those lines. Aggressive and unnecessary. The Support agrees to report me, again likely because they were still mad from all game and felt like venting. And finally the ADC also agrees to do this, because they were also mad all game from me jokingly mentioning the frequency that players take someone's preferred role and say "I trust myself to carry." and then proceed not to. Wasn't calling them out, just making a little witty banter. So between that and likely queuing with the jungler, they weren't happy all game either.

Now a couple of days ago, some friends said "Play some games alone before you get back, we don't want to have long queues and play with toxic people once you get off your ban." Because sometimes when they queue with me, they get longer queue times.

This is a very long read, and I apologize, but I was just trying to explain the process of the game. So the TL;DR is, does getting banned match you with more toxic players? Were my friends correct, or just horsing around?

I was trying to be polite and everything, and basically said very minimal but necessary information during my game, to avoid having any possible reason to be reported/banned, much to my failure as I had been reported anyway.

Do bans affect your matchmaking? Or was I just thrown into the game with multiple toxic players, instead of a couple like usual?

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

bump

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Double bump

ROKAF JE

02-16-2013

reform card

and no, not as far as i know.
That being said I'm not going to do your research for you.

YoungGoN4v5

02-16-2013

It doesn't. Thats ridiculous concept. This player gets mad so lets throw him in with all the others that get mad so we can just ban all of them together? I don't even know the logic behind how that would work. People who have been banned que?