Counter Garen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Westfall T

02-16-2013

How to counter Garen? Right now I feel like if i face him I just become mind****ed at what to do. I'm ranged from cs and get behind and then just get out tanked.

OneDeadPixel

02-16-2013

teemo

Koby

02-16-2013

ap as karma teemo if you know how to kite

Pobbes

02-16-2013

Cho, Nasus, Yorick.. Anyone that can sustain as well as him. It becomes a brick fight lane. Two champs that can't kill eachother so you just keep farming and harassing. Another important factor is Garen's Passive. When I play Garen, I love just sitting in a bush regenerating all my health for free between minion waves. Don't let Garen do that. Find him and use some ranged harass to keep his passive from turning on. Most Garens don't even realize how much they rely on his passive to stay in the lane. Keep that from them, and you'll be fine. Teemo is often noted as a counter for mostly this reason alone.

Kedoren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobbes View Post
Teemo is often noted as a counter for mostly this reason alone.
That is a very small part of why Teemo is a counter to Garen. If you are smart and time Move Quick well, garen should never hit you unless he flashes. Teemo counters Garen for the same reason he counters Singed. Chips away at him while garen/singed can do nothing.

ROKAF JE

02-16-2013

Think of what Garen does
Then think of what counters that
We believe in you.

YoungGoN4v5

02-16-2013

Caitlyn works surprisingly well because of the same reasons.

Immortal Senic

02-16-2013

S3 teemo no longer counters garen, @ lvl6 garen can flash q>e>r you and will kill teemo with ease. the best way to deal with a garen is to let him push and have you jungle gank him alot. freeze the lane at your 1/4 mark(blue side this is before your tower and after the brush). Also think of champs that also dont use mana or are not mana dependent. If the garen is smart and rushes a warmogs sadly there isnt much you can do.