I Wasn't Aware This Game Was Rated E for Everyone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ext3rmin8or View Post
It's not exactly legal. Just because it's in the TOS doesn't give Riot the right to commit theft.
Aylywyn conveniently posted the part where you agreed that you don't own any game assets. There's no "theft" going on here.

NinjaYoda

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylywyn View Post
B. Game Assets, Riot Points and Virtual Items. When using the Game, you may accumulate in-Game assets associated with your Account, including, without limitation, objects, artifacts, currency, items, equipment, and/or other value or status indicators (“Game Assets”) that reside on servers operated by Riot Games as data. You acknowledge and agree that such Game Assets are accumulated as part of your Account and therefore you shall have no ownership or other property interest in any of those Game Assets. You further acknowledge and agree that Riot Games has the right, but not the obligation, to delete, alter, move, remove, or transfer any and all Game Assets, in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason, with or without notice to you, and with no liability of any kind to you. Riot Games does not provide or guarantee, and expressly disclaims any value, cash or otherwise, attributed to any data residing on servers operated by Riot Games, including without limitation the Game Assets associated with your Account.
A well posted reply by someone of actual intelligence. Thank you. I'll take the L on that topic.

MasterTerranort

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYoda View Post
That's assuming my account gets permanently banned. Your initial comment was based off of my temp ban.
Keep acting like you do in your case in game and you will get permabanned.

Exploding Barrel

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYoda View Post
That's assuming my account gets permanently banned. Your initial comment was based off of my temp ban.
No, it was based off this comment about a potential permanent ban:

Quote:
Is this supposed to threaten me? A free downloadable game that takes under 48 hours of gameplay to hit level 30?
Try to keep up.

NinjaYoda

02-16-2013

Good, now that the tangent I. This argument is laid to rest, we're back to the bedrock of the until post...the fact that this game caters to the elementary level human

Ext3rmin8or

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
Aylywyn conveniently posted the part where you agreed that you don't own any game assets. There's no "theft" going on here.
Riot could put "You agree to sacrifice your first born child to Satan" in the TOS. It's obviously illegal to require something like that in the TOS. In the same way, they can continue to put "You agree that you don't own anything you paid for" in the TOS, it still won't give them the right to commit theft, since that clause/requirement isn't legal.

Exploding Barrel

02-16-2013

Quote:
Riot could put "You agree to sacrifice your first born child to Satan" in the TOS. It's obviously illegal to require something like that in the TOS. In the same way, they can continue to put "You agree that you don't own anything you paid for" in the TOS, it still won't give them the right to commit theft, since that clause/requirement isn't legal.
Is it illegal when you sell your car and you sign a contract that you no longer own it? Defining who owns what is exactly what contracts are for. If you agree to it, it becomes legal. If you don't like it, don't press "Agree" next patch.

MasterTerranort

02-16-2013

Quote:
You pay for Blockbuster/Red Box/Netflix/Gamefly and don't own the stuff you get. It called you're essentially renting the stuff you buy with IP/RP and as a result they can denied you service and take back everything you are renting.

Ext3rmin8or

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTerranort View Post
You pay for Blockbuster/Red Box/Netflix/Gamefly and don't own the stuff you get. It called you're essentially renting the stuff you buy with IP/RP and as a result they can denied you service and take back everything you are renting.
Except you are buying it. not renting.

Xeones

02-16-2013

Quote:
You're trying to compare compelling someone to commit murder, to making an agreement regarding owner ship of the content you are consuming before consuming it.

Please get on a high school level at least when trying to discuss something.