I Wasn't Aware This Game Was Rated E for Everyone

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinjaYoda

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
Also make sure you don't play with the same friends or at the same times of day or on the same champions and game modes. They've talked a little about what they're doing to catch permabanned smurfs in the future, but for now you're correct.

But regardless, after your timeban tantrum you just look like a child for pretending you won't care when you lose all your champs, skins, stats, runes, etc.
I would love to see where that is explicitly stated in Riot's ToA.

Exploding Barrel

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ext3rmin8or View Post
I'm sure every player plays at a completely unique time of day from everyone else and always uses a completely different champ from everyone else as well. /sarcasm.
If you just look at friends list overlap and look at the date the new account was created (or began playing actively) compared to the permaban date, you have a pretty compelling relationship between the two accounts. Favorite champs, times played, elo, etc are icing on the cake.

They don't do this yet as far as we know, but they're experimenting with that kind of stuff from the sound of it. It will be pretty fascinating if they can solve this, because the permabans-don't-stick thing is a major struggle for any free to play game right now.

Exploding Barrel

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYoda View Post
Why would that be in a ToA?

MasterTerranort

02-16-2013

Quote:
ToS says Riot can ban you at anytime for any reason so yeah they can do that.

NinjaYoda

02-16-2013

Nowhere in Riot's rules or ToA does it say they can take away runes/skins/etc. that was my statement, if they can, I would love to see where it is stated they have such power

Exploding Barrel

02-16-2013

Quote:
Nowhere in Riot's rules or ToA does it say they can take away runes/skins/etc. that was my statement, if they can, I would love to see where it is stated they have such power
If you have an account permabanned, you lose everything "owned" by that account, as they are not transferrable. I'm not sure how that's anything but common sense.

Aylywyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Quote:
B. Game Assets, Riot Points and Virtual Items. When using the Game, you may accumulate in-Game assets associated with your Account, including, without limitation, objects, artifacts, currency, items, equipment, and/or other value or status indicators (“Game Assets”) that reside on servers operated by Riot Games as data. You acknowledge and agree that such Game Assets are accumulated as part of your Account and therefore you shall have no ownership or other property interest in any of those Game Assets. You further acknowledge and agree that Riot Games has the right, but not the obligation, to delete, alter, move, remove, or transfer any and all Game Assets, in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason, with or without notice to you, and with no liability of any kind to you. Riot Games does not provide or guarantee, and expressly disclaims any value, cash or otherwise, attributed to any data residing on servers operated by Riot Games, including without limitation the Game Assets associated with your Account.

Ext3rmin8or

02-16-2013

Quote:
If you have an account permabanned, you lose everything "owned" by that account, as they are not transferrable. I'm not sure how that's anything but common sense.
It's not exactly legal. Just because it's in the TOS doesn't give Riot the right to commit theft.

NinjaYoda

02-16-2013

Quote:

That's assuming my account gets permanently banned. Your initial comment was based off of my temp ban.

Xeones

02-16-2013

Quote:
If you use it, it won't affect you and, therefore, won't have hurt feelings that give you reason to report. Abuse does not altar gameplay, if it does, you're too insecure to be around any human interaction.
Any human interaction?

I'm sorry I work in retail where I engage in a great deal of human interaction every day. Only a single time, yes ONE SINGLE TIME has anyone ever gotten angry and cursed at me while questioning my intelligence. Do you know what happened to this individual? He was told to leave before my manager called the cops.

The real world does not permit people to behave like animals. Attacking people, either physically or verbally, is not a normal human interaction and is not permissible in any sort of modern society.

The fact that you feel you are entitled to attack people with no reprecussions while those people have no recourse but to "get a tougher skin" makes me wonder what kind of childhood you had.

12345678 ... 9