I Wasn't Aware This Game Was Rated E for Everyone

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterTerranort

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYoda View Post
"Riot's rules" also hold to pick order, but if I'm first pick and choose not to call a lane before somebody else, I'm faced with "verbal abuse". Do I report? No, because I'm not a child that thinks such things are necessary. I tell them to read the summoner's code and I adapt. Riot's rules also state never get frustrated by a player's experience, yet there is a report entitled "unskilled player." Logic?
Unskilled only effects matchmaking and doesn't actually do anything besides that. You tell them to read the code but you don't follow it in your case here.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Quote:
If you use it, it won't affect you and, therefore, won't have hurt feelings that give you reason to report. Abuse does not altar gameplay, if it does, you're too insecure to be around any human interaction.
Common misconception.

You don't get punished/reported because peoples feelings are hurt. You get punished/reported because people don't want you ruining other peoples games. It a strength of community thing, where we help each other remove the negative players.

Essentially I mute you so you're not my problem, and i report you so you're never my friends problem.

Ext3rmin8or

02-16-2013

Quote:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6220145/

My case is above..majority of the complaints are verbal disputes. There are ignore buttons and filters to halt direct contact, yet children do not use them and report for abuse. Abuse requires the inability to escape, you can escape te abuse by ignoring. Simple as that. This game should not be catered to the children and teenagers and insecure adults who play. Season One was the best because the trash talking was intense and made the game entertaining. Now it's just a nerf war between adolescents.
Quote:
If you use it, it won't affect you and, therefore, won't have hurt feelings that give you reason to report. Abuse does not altar gameplay, if it does, you're too insecure to be around any human interaction.
Quote:
So, in other words, Riot is catering to those with self-esteem issues. Got it.

Why create features only for drastic situations? Racism and hate crimes are about the only logical excuse. Anything else shows a lack of maturity to be able to respond to adversity. I'd rather be verbally abused anyday than abused by unskilled players.
Amen to this. No matter what any Rioter has previously stated, there should never be any bans for language or verbal abuse in games that have a built in language filter and mute button. (The filter is on by default, I might add. This means that in order to even see uncensored offensive language, one must consciously and knowingly make the decision to turn the filter off. The notion that someone can knowingly and willingly turn the filter off and then still be allowed to report and ban people for verbal abuse that they themselves made the decision to be able to see, is ****ing absurd.)

NinjaYoda

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroWaffle View Post
Caitlyn [All] [00:15:45] boots 3 for akali? intresting..
Sivir [00:15:46] at least give us a prayer
Sivir [All] [00:15:56] you spelled "dumb" wrong
Sivir [All] [00:16:45] freaking retarded
Sivir [All] [00:16:52] reporting this akali for unskilled and no team comms
Sivir [All] [00:16:56] since she hasn't said **** lol
Sivir [00:19:55] akali, go swallow bleach
Sivir [All] [00:25:32] end this comedy show

If that chat was from a "mature" person, then I think we have different definitions of "maturity".

Apparently you've never seen Jeff Ross live, because that's his routine.

AeroWaffle

02-16-2013

Quote:
"Riot's rules" also hold to pick order, but if I'm first pick and choose not to call a lane before somebody else, I'm faced with "verbal abuse". Do I report? No, because I'm not a child that thinks such things are necessary. I tell them to read the summoner's code and I adapt. Riot's rules also state never get frustrated by a player's experience, yet there is a report entitled "unskilled player." Logic?
The "unskilled player" report will never enter a person into the tribunal, hence, it's not punishable. Riot has hinted that the unskilled player reports help them out in fine-tuning their matchmaking.

And if you want to insult other players, do it in voice chat. Riot has already decided that insulting or verbally abusing random strangers game chat does nothing but harm the community.

Don't like the rules of the establishment? You have the option to leave, you don't require to play League of Legends to live, and there are other dota-style games out there if you want. Though they may have similar rules as LoL's.

MasterTerranort

02-16-2013

Quote:
Apparently you've never seen Jeff Ross live, because that's his routine.
He is a comedian. He uses it for jokes and people go to see him knowing what to expect. You're in a game, and people don't want to read you being a ****** and telling them to kill themselves.

Jeff Ross has nothing to do with your behavior in game. Stop looking for excuses to act like a jerk. If you keep this up don't be surprised about your incoming permaban.

NinjaYoda

02-16-2013

I don't follow the code because its flaud logical reasoning. It's a self-help mandate for the intellectually impaired.

AeroWaffle

02-16-2013

Quote:
I don't follow the code because its flaud logical reasoning. It's a self-help mandate for the intellectually impaired.
Then you have no right to complain about having your account banned.

MasterTerranort

02-16-2013

Quote:
alright have fun with your incoming Permaban since you can't follow Riot's rules.

Ext3rmin8or

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroWaffle View Post
Then you have no right to complain about having your account banned.
He was banned for verbal abuse in a game with both a built in chat filter and a mute button. He has every right to complain about having his account banned.

123456 ... 9