I Wasn't Aware This Game Was Rated E for Everyone

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinjaYoda

02-16-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6220145/

My case is above..majority of the complaints are verbal disputes. There are ignore buttons and filters to halt direct contact, yet children do not use them and report for abuse. Abuse requires the inability to escape, you can escape te abuse by ignoring. Simple as that. This game should not be catered to the children and teenagers and insecure adults who play. Season One was the best because the trash talking was intense and made the game entertaining. Now it's just a nerf war between adolescents.

Getsuei

02-16-2013

No, the mute button is stop the behaviour from affecting you.

Quote:
What's the point of having a language filter if I can get banned for 'adult' language?
a) We aren't out to punish players who use adult language; in fact, very few players are ever banned for saying stuff like "f***, I missed that skill shot" or "damn, f***ing close game!" However, the language filter is not an excuse to verbally abuse someone in the game. When you verbally abuse or harass someone by calling them "f***ing ******" or "n*gger noob", that's when you've crossed the line and will be punished by the Tribunal. I've said this before and I'll say it again, we aren't trying to clean online games of adult language; we're trying to reform or get rid of jerks who like to verbally abuse and harass other players

NinjaYoda

02-16-2013

If you use it, it won't affect you and, therefore, won't have hurt feelings that give you reason to report. Abuse does not altar gameplay, if it does, you're too insecure to be around any human interaction.

MasterTerranort

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYoda View Post
If you use it, it won't affect you and, therefore, won't have hurt feelings that give you reason to report. Abuse does not altar gameplay, if it does, you're too insecure to be around any human interaction.
Riot has stated many times that if you are forcing people to use those features then you deserve to be banned.

NinjaYoda

02-16-2013

So, in other words, Riot is catering to those with self-esteem issues. Got it.

Why create features only for drastic situations? Racism and hate crimes are about the only logical excuse. Anything else shows a lack of maturity to be able to respond to adversity. I'd rather be verbally abused anyday than abused by unskilled players.

magooomba

02-16-2013

Quote:

Why create features only for drastic situations? Racism and hate crimes are about the only logical excuse. Anything else shows a lack of maturity to be able to respond to adversity. I'd rather be verbally abused anyday than abused by unskilled players.
Then feel free to make your own game with those rules. But if you play this game, you play by Riot's rules. It's not exactly rocket science, is it?

Qichin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

It could also be that Riot just doesn't want people ruining other's games by saying ****. They've stated that if you need to use the mute button, then the damage has already been done, so to speak. Enough **** has already been poured into chat to negatively affect other players, be that true hurt feelings or just annoyance.

Exploding Barrel

02-16-2013

Quote:
Wait, this is a bad thing?

AeroWaffle

02-16-2013

Quote:

Caitlyn [All] [00:15:45] boots 3 for akali? intresting..
Sivir [00:15:46] at least give us a prayer
Sivir [All] [00:15:56] you spelled "dumb" wrong
Sivir [All] [00:16:45] freaking retarded
Sivir [All] [00:16:52] reporting this akali for unskilled and no team comms
Sivir [All] [00:16:56] since she hasn't said **** lol
Sivir [00:19:55] akali, go swallow bleach
Sivir [All] [00:25:32] end this comedy show

If that chat was from a "mature" person, then I think we have different definitions of "maturity".

NinjaYoda

02-16-2013

"Riot's rules" also hold to pick order, but if I'm first pick and choose not to call a lane before somebody else, I'm faced with "verbal abuse". Do I report? No, because I'm not a child that thinks such things are necessary. I tell them to read the summoner's code and I adapt. Riot's rules also state never get frustrated by a player's experience, yet there is a report entitled "unskilled player." Logic?

12345 ... 9