@Riot, can we actually talk about Janna?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yoruichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenluvartz View Post
With Janna I used to feel so powerful. Not ''Ima pwn u'' powerful, but "I can handle everything you throw at me" powerful. Akali fed? ***** ain't got nothing on me, she's not touching my adc with a 10 feet stick. Katarina fed? Have fun ulting. Amumu pulling off sick initiations? Good luck doing that in my presence bro. ADC dumb as hell? You have no idea how long I could keep a mediocre ADC alive and how much I could save him from himself. Etc. I had spent time learning and mastering her and it was my reward; I felt like I could pick Janna in any situation and I'd make it work, because I was a good Janna player and Janna was a versatile support. Now with the shield nerfed she's nothing but a purely defensive support, and with the current state of the game, she can't even do that job well. No wonder I don't feel as confident and powerful as I once did.
^ Thanks for putting into words what I could not for so long.

Aeolian Melodies

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoruichi View Post
^ Thanks for putting into words what I could not for so long.
Np lol. I thought it was just me but this thread made me realize other Janna players feel the same about her.

oddish33

03-02-2013

Quote:
Casual = non-competitive gameplay. It's casual because I'm not a pro player. The fact that I choose to play her in the optimal way does not make me a pro player.

Anyway, it depends on what they want to do.

If they want to make sure that she won't be too strong, they'll revert the Q thing.
If they want her to be able to be aggressive in lane, they'll revert the E nerf.
If they want her to actually be able to disengage, they'll revert the R nerf (pushback range, maybe give the slow back).

I'm hoping for either the shield or the ult but I'll really take anything at that point.
I agree the nerf they revert will tell us what they want Janna to function as bottom lane and what they want her to be more like.

Aeolian Melodies

03-02-2013

I have a feeling it's going to be the shield and not the ult. It feels like Riot really wants kills to happen in lane and in fights so I think enabling Janna to give more kills (by not connecting the barrier to the steroid) would make more sense. As I said though, I'll gladly take either.

ernern123

03-04-2013

Riot pls remake/buff janna

FairyCharmed

03-04-2013

I don't play Janna, but I love the support position (I mained Lulu ever since before -I think at least- people realized she counters Taric, and not as played as these days), and I think Janna really needs some much-needed TLC :c Bump.

TypeIX

03-05-2013

I played Janna today and got rank 2 of her ult at lvl 11! IT WAS AWESOME!

Now if only you could buff her auto attack range and unnerf the shield I will be happy =D

wudifeixue

03-05-2013

yup, I been loving Janna for a long time and she's definitely one of my favorite support..though what seems to happen is even when I completely outplay my opponent and punished them for their mistakes, there isn't much advantage I can take and they just seem to outclass me somehow..and that really frustrates me

Dotislav Pro

03-06-2013

Can't wait to play janna again

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Howling Gale - her Q. When RIot changed the knock up time to scale with the charging time, I legit thought it was a good idea. I thought it added some depth/choice to her gameplay. Well it turns out, it was what I'd say in French a FBI - fausse bonne idée ("false good idea"). The reason being that most of Janna's most clutch/important tornadoes are going to be instantly released.

Eye of the Storm - her E. Or how Riot proved me that even Janna could be destroyed by nerfs. The AD being removed when the shield is broken made a Janna lane COMPLETELY unable to trade unless the enemy really is stupid enough to not toss ANY damage towards the ADC during said trade. The shield is too easily broken even with long-ranged pokes.
That nerf, very sadly, made Janna the owner of the ONLY supportive buff that can be removed by the enemy team.
So much everything you said. :< I used to looooove Janna. I had the most clutch of clutch tornados, when my friends laned with me thy used to tell me that they were even surprised to see my tornados when they showed up, it was my favorite skill in League to belt out, and I did so much good with it back then. But still, I figured I could live with the nerf to it. It was still good for an interrupt.
But the day they destroyed her E was the day I realized I wasn't going to be playing her for a very long time. It's just too ridiculous. If they thought it was op they could have just nerfed the bonus ad a little, I would have been totally ok with that! But instead they decided to destroy their most beloved support champion.

I'd like to think Riot is listening to this thread because of her recent mana-cost buff on her ultimate, but sadly just that isn't enough to draw me back to her quite yet. Hopefully they do some more stuff with Janna...