@Riot, can we actually talk about Janna?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zuphlas

Senior Member

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightSiren View Post
Janna has 0 reason to channel her ult.
I wouldn't call a potential 750 healing + (.875AP total) per second for 4 seconds 0 reason, but I will admit that it's usually not safe to fully utilize. The problem is that the slow upon reentering gives her a lot of power that you really don't even notice much, but prevents her from receiving power in other areas. [ Rank 3 is 150 base heal per ally +(0.175 AP) for those that didn't know or remember ]

I'd rather they hit the two points I mentioned personally, than have to trade that for a change I will almost never notice. Think of it this way - there are so many instant gap close abilities on the most commonly picked champions that the slow doesn't actually do anything. Once they gap close janna is no longer safe enough to maintain the channel either, she has to fall back so she doesn't get blown up. Well that's how I see it anyways.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OvernightSiren

Senior Member

02-25-2013

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

windwhispers

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuphlas View Post
I wouldn't call a potential 750 healing + (.875AP total) per second for 4 seconds 0 reason, but I will admit that it's usually not safe to fully utilize. The problem is that the slow upon reentering gives her a lot of power that you really don't even notice much, but prevents her from receiving power in other areas. [ Rank 3 is 150 base heal per ally +(0.175 AP) for those that didn't know or remember ]

I'd rather they hit the two points I mentioned personally, than have to trade that for a change I will almost never notice. Think of it this way - there are so many instant gap close abilities on the most commonly picked champions that the slow doesn't actually do anything. Once they gap close janna is no longer safe enough to maintain the channel either, she has to fall back so she doesn't get blown up. Well that's how I see it anyways.
Janna CAN'T channel her ult because as the OP told us, most champs can just instantly re-engage because monsoon doesn't knock them back far enough to create any safety. Her only option is ult and run most of the time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zuphlas

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhispers View Post
Janna CAN'T channel her ult because as the OP told us, most champs can just instantly re-engage because monsoon doesn't knock them back far enough to create any safety. Her only option is ult and run most of the time.
No ****, it's like I totally didn't just say the same thing. Adding a slow to her ult again doesn't change the fact that gap closers that don't involve walking will ignore the slow and force her to cancel the channel. That's why I said it would be pointless to add the slow again, all it does is make Riot unwilling to buff other areas. Reading comprehension smash.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anarien

Junior Member

02-25-2013

I rarely post on the forums, but when I saw this I had to. Janna has always been one of my favorite supports. I have played her a number of times recently for the first time since her nerfs and can honestly say that I feel much less powerful and influential. I'd love to see some of the changes reverted/fixed because supporting in S3 is actually really fun and I'd love to play Janna more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kazral

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Bump!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ansaa

Member

02-25-2013

Aren't they buffing her by lowering her ult cost next patch?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AdmiralWin

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Janna!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oddish33

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oddish33

Senior Member

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarien View Post
I rarely post on the forums, but when I saw this I had to. Janna has always been one of my favorite supports. I have played her a number of times recently for the first time since her nerfs and can honestly say that I feel much less powerful and influential. I'd love to see some of the changes reverted/fixed because supporting in S3 is actually really fun and I'd love to play Janna more.
Yea same XD