@Riot, can we actually talk about Janna?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeolian Melodies

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoWhiteSoldier View Post
It makes me sad that I can only upvote this once. Keep going until a Red tries to tell us Janna's totally fine.
I held 2-3 months a thread about the general state of supports a while ago until a Red came to tell me dedicated supports, including Janna, were totally fine it was not very long after the round of nerfs though so people were still picking her, the nerfs hadn't really sunk in so I can understand why I got told "oh come on she's fine". Now it's been a year and the fact of the matter is that nobody plays Janna anymore. Nobody can tell me that she's fine. If she was fine then she'd see some competitive play. I want to tune in a stream, look at a tournament finale, and hear Phreak saying "AND THE MONSOON GOES OFF OH MY GOD TONS OF SAVES". Not happening. I see every other support but not her - clearly something is wrong.

Don't worry, I'm patient and stubborn enough. I'll get my Red again. Though this time hopefully someone will tell me that they know Janna's not fine and they're actually working on it. I'm willing to be patient if I can at least KNOW that they're aware of the situation and trying to do something about it (the low mana Q bug needs to be fixed now though, seriously). For instance, Nami's weak too and they're trying to fix her (taking baby steps to not over-do it but it's fine and at least I see they're aware that she isn't fine). It's great that they're trying to help Nami but Janna's been in that state for about a year now, where are her buffs?

I'd really like to see a Red trying to tell me with a straight face that Janna's fine when nobody picks her, ever, and it's been like that for a long time. I can't remember the last time I saw her in tournament play. When people received Victorious Janna I saw her a bit, people flaunted their skin, realized Janna was not worth picking anymore, and she disappeared again I actually thought the skin meant Riot acknowledged her existence and was going to fix her.

Joke's on me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lol I died again

Member

02-16-2013

How do we talk about Janna on the forums?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeroSoldier

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeolian Melodies

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol I died again View Post
How do we talk about Janna on the forums?
I'd kill you for this but you died again already, fml :P

I'm willing to add Morello on Skype if that's what it takes to talk about Janna


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AcrobaticApricot

Senior Member

02-16-2013

tl dr: buff my main so i can win more

all these old janna players who can't get used to the nerfs, i only picked up janna after nerfs (because i got her for free for being gold) and now she's my favorite + best support, i feel that if i picked any support other than janna in ranked i would be doing a disservice to my team because i am best with her and she is not weak at all

also lol at your "omg nunu and zyra can support too buff janna so she can be better than other supports because they arent supports" that is incredibly dumb, there is no "real support champs" there are champs that work well when played 0cs, you don't hear mid lane players cry "omg elise was designed for mid the evil top lane players stole her from us" i have no idea why support players continue to use this retarded argument

janna isn't commonly picked competitively but she is sometimes, if she was that awful no one would pick her ever


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeolian Melodies

Senior Member

02-16-2013

You're completely missing my point. Did you at least read the whole thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrobaticApricot View Post
she's my favorite + best support, i feel that if i picked any support other than janna in ranked i would be doing a disservice to my team because i am best with her and she is not weak at all
Well that's because you aren't competent with the other supports (not trying to insult you but you're saying you're playing Janna almost exclusively when you support). If you had the same amount of skills with Lulu, Sona, Taric, Leona, etc, let me tell you you wouldn't feel like your best option is Janna. How can you even be talking about the state of Janna when:

1) You didn't play her BEFORE the nerfs therefore don't know what she used to be
2) You don't even play other supports (and as such cannot compare her with her competition)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrobaticApricot View Post
also lol at your "omg nunu and zyra can support too buff janna so she can be better than other supports because they arent supports" that is incredibly dumb, there is no "real support champs" there are champs that work well when played 0cs, you don't hear mid lane players cry "omg elise was designed for mid the evil top lane players stole her from us" i have no idea why support players continue to use this retarded argument

janna isn't commonly picked competitively but she is sometimes, if she was that awful no one would pick her ever
My argument about Zyra and Nunu (among others but they're the biggest offenders) is that they are not DESIGNED to support so it makes no sense whatsoever that they would support better than a champion who has been MADE to support. Especially in competitive play where they look for the optimal setup all the time. How is that logical than a jungler, a tank or an AP carry supports better than an actual support? If Morgana could AD carry better than Ezreal, would you say something's off?

Your counter argument about top lane Elise makes no sense (by the way, Elise was designed to jungle, not to solo lane be it mid or top, please do try to get your **** straight if you're going to attack what I say), because whether she goes top or mid, she's filling the SAME role and builds virtually THE SAME. Zyra mid does not fill the same role as Zyra bot and does not build the same, same goes for Nunu in the jungle vs Nunu bot lane.

There ARE real support champions - champions that have at least one skill to help their teammates are support. Champions who have good CC and decent base damages are not support champions although they can play the 0 cs role; they're kill lane partners. I went LeBlanc bot a couple of times, fed my carry, warded, peeled, didn't farm - is LeBlanc a support now? Nope. Still an assassin.

Janna is not "uncommon" in competitive play. She's been unseen FOR MONTHS. They don't pick her ever, that's my point! She was not picked in the S2 championships, she was not picked in the latest qualifications, and as far as casual gameplay goes, I never see her be it normal blind, normal draft, or ranked draft unless it's me just feeling like playing Janna. EVERYBODY gets picked more than Janna to support even in situations where pre-nerf Janna would've been a no-brainer pick (AoE heavy comps on the enemy team). I can recall multiple support J4 in my games in the last month and TONS of support Zyras in competitive play and I can't recall the last time I saw one Janna, just ONE Janna that was not ME.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AcrobaticApricot

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenluvartz View Post
Well that's because you aren't competent with the other supports (not trying to insult you but you're saying you're playing Janna almost exclusively when you support). If you had the same amount of skills with Lulu, Sona, Taric, Leona, etc, let me tell you you wouldn't feel like your best option is Janna. How can you even be talking about the state of Janna when:

1) You didn't play her BEFORE the nerfs therefore don't know what she used to be
2) You don't even play other supports (and as such cannot compare her with her competition)?
i play janna, lulu and lux and i used to play taric but he is too boring for me and so i stopped playing him and now i am bad at all melee supports but anyway, i don't feel that lulu is significantly stronger than janna so since i'm better at janna why would i pick lulu in ranked?

and i do compare her with my competition, i do so by frequently winning lane with her against other supports when her greatest weakness is the lane phase, even people calling for janna buffs say that she is still good in teamfights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenluvartz View Post
My argument about Zyra and Nunu (among others but they're the biggest offenders) is that they are not DESIGNED to support so it makes no sense whatsoever that they would support better than a champion who has been MADE to support. Especially in competitive play where they look for the optimal setup all the time. How is that logical than a jungler, a tank or an AP carry supports better than an actual support? If Morgana could AD carry better than Ezreal, would you say Ezreal's overnerfed?

Your counter argument about top lane Elise makes no sense (by the way, Elise was designed to jungle, not to solo lane be it mid or top, please do try to get your **** straight if you're going to attack what I say), because whether she goes top or mid, she's filling the SAME role and builds virtually THE SAME. Zyra mid does not fill the same role as Zyra bot and does not build the same, same goes for Nunu in the jungle vs Nunu bot lane.

There ARE real support champions - champions that have at least one skill to help their teammates are support. Champions who have good CC and decent base damages are not supports; they're kill lane partners.
a support is a champ that operates at 0 cs and goes bot lane

champs that can do this effectively can be balanced against each other it just so happens that certain supports can also mid, this is not a problem, i don't know why it is for you, sure janna is a bit weaker than zyra at support but they are both supports, of course there will be supports that are better than other supports at supporting

it has nothing to do with how strong janna is, pre nerf zyra was stronger than leona lulu janna karma alistar blitzcrank and soraka but not all those champs are or were weak, let's take the example of the current best support taric, his opness does not make all the other supports in need of buffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenluvartz View Post
Janna is not "uncommon" in competitive play. She's been unseen FOR MONTHS. They don't pick her ever, that's my point! She was not picked in the S2 championships, she was not picked in the latest qualifications, and as far as casual gameplay goes, I never see her be it normal blind, normal draft, or ranked draft unless it's me just feeling like playing Janna. EVERYBODY gets picked more than Janna to support even in situations where pre-nerf Janna would've been a no-brainer pick (AoE heavy comps on the enemy team). I can recall multiple support J4 in my games in the last month and TONS of support Zyras in competitive play and I can't recall the last time I saw one Janna, just ONE Janna that was not ME.
http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/Janna

picked two times in ogn winter, once in iem katowice, once in ipl5 (which are the three most recent major tournaments), compare this to a champ like kennen who is not frequently complained about who appeared once at katowice and before that wasn't seen since ogn summer, champs have fotms in competitive play and some just don't see use even though they are strong, janna is a niche pick competitively and niche picks are not necessarily bad


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Bushmaster

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Thread makes too much sense.

You figure people would learn by now. This will never get Riot attention because its mostly common sense.

You have to request something like a friendly fire toggle for ranked games. Riot would see that, develop it, and implement it before you wake up in the morning because it makes no sense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChakraStail

Member

02-16-2013

Huge +1 and bump, i main support and main janna.
Riot pls


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lux chan

Member

02-16-2013

+1, Janna was my first ever champion. That was before the nerfs.