@Riot, can we actually talk about Janna?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OvernightSiren

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erathius View Post
More bumping till there's a proper response from the reds >:3
Exactly! We need to get a good, proper conversation going with someone from Riot.

IsaStarcrossed

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightSiren View Post
Exactly! We need to get a good, proper conversation going with someone from Riot.
Bump for justice

Kazral

02-20-2013

Bump for my first love Janna!

Lysithix

02-20-2013

I support this decision wholly, because as a support main, I would also like to see more variety in the picks. I've heard tales of a time when Janna was good in multiple roles, but, sadly; I didn't play then.

Edit: Parrots, Iron Solari, Leona, Diana; IRONSTYLUS, I SUMMON THEE! (Because at least he is a red.)

Vixsy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

bump

Asdioh

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoWhiteSoldier View Post
HEY GUYS!

So yeah, there's a Janna buff on the new PBE changes.

Janna
Monsoon ( R ) mana cost reduced to 100/150/200 from 150/225/300.

It's not much but at least it's something.
All it does is bring attention to how ABSURD the mana cost of her ult is lol.

The rest of her abilities aren't too bad, I don't find myself mana starved in lane. I just sometimes find myself life-starved (aka dead) if I make the smallest mistake against the typical Draven/Leona etc etc kill lanes ;_;

OvernightSiren

02-20-2013

bump

OvernightSiren

02-21-2013

bump

Aeolian Melodies

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysithix View Post
I support this decision wholly, because as a support main, I would also like to see more variety in the picks
I think there's more variety than ever, actually, but it saddens me than in all that variety, there isn't a place for the one who was once the stellar support.

Aeolian Melodies

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightSiren View Post
That PBE buff Janna just received is a JOKE. That is a slap in the face to this thread. She needs more than that, Riot.
What are they doing? Can someone link this? EDIT: never mind I see it. It's a start, at least they're looking at her. I'm hoping this isn't the end because mana is really the least of my worries as Janna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railios View Post
Are you kidding me? Shield on vayne watch vayne take out any adc in lane. AOE team oh better pick that one perfect counter oh yes JANNA. Janna ult and shield still one of the best utility combos in the game. Shield is more than a shield its a free ****ing BF sword for your adc. If you cant janna stop trying to be a mage and support the adc. If something goes wrong (1) Replace the ADC (2) Learn how to position as the support and when to use the shield. ADC is my favorite position and JANNA is my most feared opponent. Blitz is a joke dont compare him to janna when he is usless against a perfect positioned opponent. I welcome all janna players to add me and I will make your ****ing day facerolling every mf taric and whomever else with draven janna. Also janna was often picked to counter amumu whom has seen a decline in play over season 2. Now he is coming back.
Funny you should name Vayne of all people because:

1) Janna + Vayne is an AWFUL lane, even when Janna was at her strongest, they borderline counter each others
2) Vayne has very short range and is forced to commit to fights; Janna favours poke carries with relatively long ranges
3) Vayne's short range and assassin nature means the shield won't hold more than 1 sec on her

The shield grants a lot of AD... until Sona throws a Q, until Lulu throws a E/Q (depending on which poke she is maxing first), until Ez lands a Q, until Cait gets a Headshot, etc - you can't rely on the AD buff on Eye of the Storm (unless playing against baddies who never hit the carry) because even other ranged supports bot lane (Zyra, Sona, Lulu, Lux...) have an easy time breaking it quickly.

Tell me more about how Janna counters Amumu when his toss far out-range Monsoon's push (so you can't just Monsoon preemptively when he comes to gank your lane, you need to wait for him to use that), and unless Janna is close to Amumu when he ults (ie not on the edges of the ult), Monsoon will barely push him.

I'm not saying I can't Janna. I think I made it clear in the OP and in my replies in the thread that I, in fact, can Janna. Been playing her almost on a daily basis for 2 years? 60% win rate at gold in S2? Still playing her and winning? That does not change the fact that:

1) Even I can see that she isn't worth picking anymore, I pick her because I can't bring myself to not love Janna, not because I think "damn I'm gonna pick Janna because it's going to be so gud with dat team".
2) Just because I can do good with her does not mean she doesn't have blatant flaws.

Playing her only shows me how gutted she is.

Finally, Draven + Janna is one hell of a good lane with a competent Draven but imo this lane relies more on the fact that Draven does stupid damage anyway early on (if he catches dem axes). Most of the time when playing with a Draven, I notice that people get scared ****less and don't even try to hit him back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneymonkey View Post
Whenever they get a pull or a stun from taric all you have to do is q the ad carry and harass them while they go after your ad carry. The q gives your ad carry enough time to either back off or start exchanging. Taric and all the others are worthless once their pull or stun are on cooldown. I see too many jannas use their q to harass in lane and run out of mana. All you need to do is auto attack while they try to last hit. They will have to decide to either get the minion or get free damage to them. if they try to hit you back, just shield yourself. If your ad carry is paying attention they will try to get a few aa's in as well. also with the change to ms speed this season, janna doesnt need boots. that gives you an advantage over every other support. you can get to 415 ms and I believe 429 with twin shadows. You can start building your aegis or whatever you want earlier and build one more aura item if it ever gets that late in a game.
I don't think you realize that Janna's auto attack range is extremely short - it is in fact the shortest a ranged AA can possibly be. Auto attacking enemies to harass as Janna means you are in range for every ranged AA and most (if not all) spells bot lane to counter-attack.

Janna also deals little to no damage. So while Taric gets a Dazzle on your carry, you Q them and AA the carry while Taric blows up Shatter and the carry hits yours. Pretty sure Taric + ADC won the trade unless Taric engaged when you had a lot more creeps than they did.

Also I'm not sure you can get away with no boots ALL game. She has the luxury of delaying them and holding onto her T1 boots longer than pretty much everybody else, I agree; however, when team fights come, you will have to use Zephyr one day or another, and without at least T1 boots you're going to become a very slow floating beauty.