Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot, can we actually talk about Janna?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teribellatlol

02-18-2013

I play her quite alot, I almost always win with her also. I started last year, she was actually my first and favorite support also.
She got me hooked to the game, I usually rush Athene UG and CD boots, I guess I have to say.
I really don't notice her being underpowered, squishy at the start yes, but I build supporty/aura items.
And I have to say she is a very powerful champ even after the nerf, if played correctly.

Jericho Hill

02-18-2013

never gonna happen . . . . . whoever designed Janna took a better job elsewhere and Riot is exacting their revenge upon that designers beloved Janna.

TigStripe

02-18-2013

Quote:
oddish33:
Hmmm.... Makes me want to play Janna and max W bottom lane. Is it more effective than maxing E right now? You're a diamond player so I trust you.

That's not a diamond badge, it's platinum, which was earned in 3s, not solo queue. Support (and specifically Janna) is my best role by far, easily a 300-400 Elo difference between my play there and my next best. Unfortunately being a stellar support doesn't automatically mean you carry your way out of silver.

TigStripe

02-18-2013

Huh. Leaguewiki says that her knockback is 875, which actually sets out of range of a ton of gap closers...

...which makes a lot of sense when I think about how many champs actually manage to re-engage on someone after they've been Monsoon'd away in any of my Janna games: next to none.

chumbler

02-18-2013

Quote:
Jericho Hill:
never gonna happen . . . . . whoever designed Janna took a better job elsewhere and Riot is exacting their revenge upon that designers beloved Janna.

Pretty sure Brackhar still works at Riot, just on other projects.

Janna is fine.

Fiora All Night

02-18-2013

So can we actually to get Riot to talk about Janna? For real this time, not just saying she's totally fine even though she's never picked.

PeteyPiranha

02-18-2013

Quote:
MonoWhiteSoldier:
So can we actually to get Riot to talk about Janna? For real this time, not just saying she's totally fine even though she's never picked.

if we can keep this thread on page 1 of the forums long enough, they'll have to acknowledge it eventually

or close it

Stayer

02-18-2013

Well..I read the tldr...

It sounds like you think she is in a bad spot though, and I totally agree with that. When people are 'forced' into support and pick Janna, I think 'well that's why you hate supporting'. When people first or second pick it and want to support her I don't even know what to think. Her lane presence is zil. She typically hides even farther back than I do (assuming I'm adc, that's when you notice it most) and just does nothing. You'll never snag a kill with janna support unless they dive turret or screw up, without a third party (whereas mf taric or something occasionally can or blitz anyone).

All she can do is give you a chance of escaping when they all in and destroy you. With any luck shield + nado lets you escape with your life (but not your game). I'd rather see a Janna go mid because nado is good at pushing and maybe she can contribute with roam. When I see her bottom I just sigh. And when the other team picks lulu or taric or someone good... Taric sitting in a bush makes janna an exp sponge, and lulu or sona are just so much better. Their cc is better, their damage is better, they have a presence in lane.

Edit-

Quote:
I usually rush Athene UG and CD boots, I guess I have to say.
I really don't notice her being underpowered, squishy at the start yes, but I build supporty/aura items.

So you rush grail, get cd boots, and also get support items? Jesus christ you must be getting pentas.

Evertian

02-18-2013

Bump! She was my first support! But Lulu is now queen, polymorph + ult is way more effective than jannas entire kit in terms of saving a carry. not to mention a slow and a shield you can add on to that equation. I think the ult range is key for janna. You can ult someone like a vi away and she can just instantly ult back in. You used to have to burn a flash + something like an Irelia q to get back in range. Lets look at the new champions and their ability to reengage.
Thresh- Q is longer
Vi- Q +ult way longer
Zed w + r is close, not sure on this one. (bruisers have more ms anyways)
kha upgraded w + extra q range.
Hecarim- ult is way longer
Jayce- lets ult him away. e-q dead from who knows how long.
Diana- q+ r is longer
Elise- Spider form web "e" is also longer

And this is not even the full list of new champions that came out post janna nerfs with the ability to re engage.

Vixsy

02-18-2013

Bump!