New Volibear Jungle Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tykune

02-16-2013

I've been surfing about the web and solomid.net, and there have been no recent Volibear Jungle guides. This has me urked a little since I enjoy jungling with him, and thusly, I have to rely on my last resort by visiting the forums and asking the community what would best suit my favorite champ.

What I need is:

Item Builds (Ideally what works best on him as jungle, not solo top)
Masteries
Rune Choices
Jungle Path (Where to start, and where to go from there)
And generally anything else that would be very helpful for jungling Volibear.

I already have a skill order which I think works rather well, starting with Majestic Roar, then Frenzy, Rolling Thunder, then gradually max out frenzy.

I hope to hear from someone soon.

Tykune

02-17-2013

bump :|

Orvvos

02-17-2013

I found i've started to love voli once i found out a good build. can't help you much with jungle route, i just kinda go through and gank, but for items, I might be able to help you out

Start with a machete, 5 health pots, and majestic roar. go for blue first and clear out the rest of the jungle. Maxing your skills should be in priority of: Frenzy, Majestic Roar, Rolling Thunder.

For items, I LOVE getting a static shiv first thing, it goes well with his character, adds good damage, and works with his build. For his boots, get either, Mercury Treads, Ninja Tabi, or Boots of Swiftness (for easier throws.) After you have boots and shiv, go for a Warmog's, adds good damage to frenzy and defense. after Warmog's, go for a Spirit Visage, it increases your health regen, and with warmog's and your passive, you will get about 200+ health regen. totally not op. For the last two items, I get an Atma's and another situation item, but they can always be substituted.

I love that build because you become so tanky, and you get great AoE damage with shiv and your ult. I managed to tank and tear at a team's health with this build. I just love it.

Hope this helped at all!

Tykune

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orvvos View Post
I found i've started to love voli once i found out a good build. can't help you much with jungle route, i just kinda go through and gank, but for items, I might be able to help you out

Start with a machete, 5 health pots, and majestic roar. go for blue first and clear out the rest of the jungle. Maxing your skills should be in priority of: Frenzy, Majestic Roar, Rolling Thunder.

For items, I LOVE getting a static shiv first thing, it goes well with his character, adds good damage, and works with his build. For his boots, get either, Mercury Treads, Ninja Tabi, or Boots of Swiftness (for easier throws.) After you have boots and shiv, go for a Warmog's, adds good damage to frenzy and defense. after Warmog's, go for a Spirit Visage, it increases your health regen, and with warmog's and your passive, you will get about 200+ health regen. totally not op. For the last two items, I get an Atma's and another situation item, but they can always be substituted.

I love that build because you become so tanky, and you get great AoE damage with shiv and your ult. I managed to tank and tear at a team's health with this build. I just love it.

Hope this helped at all!
What about wards though? I see no mention

Orvvos

02-17-2013

You can get wards if you like. I usually leave that to my team though