Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to fix the tribunal!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemoj

02-16-2013

I finally got it!! After reading all these whiney little *****es complain about the bans, which after readin most of the cases should be banned, I finally figured out how to fix the broken tribunal system!!! There are only 3 easy things that need to change and then it is full proof. . . .

1) Make it so there is an age restricition. You need to be 18 to vote, jury duty, etc. So you need to be 18 to do the same thing on LoL. . This would fix 100% of the people whining about kids voting on the tribunal.

2) Make it so there is a win vs lose or some type of in game restriction, like you can't have had any warnings/bans in the last say 6 months before you can vote. There are a ton f****tards that are whining about people trolling the tribunal cause they got banned or got warnings... This fixes 100% of those whiney asses too!

3) This one literally just came to me when I was reading a post and it was my most brilliant idea so far!!! Hear me out before you judge me... Basically have 2 tribunals so to speak. The 1st tribunal would go over each case. not 5 cases in one vote like it is now. Basically once someone is reported it goes to tribunaler babies and they vote whether or not this case is worthy of punishment. Once someone has 5 cases that have been voted on that could cause a ban it goes into the tribunal like it is now. That way people can't complain about a case being in the tribunal that was a troll report. We all have them but this would stop 100% of people from saying, "Ya games 1 and 4 where me *****ing but 1, 3, and 5 where troll reports so the tribunal is broken!!"

You're welcome... Daemoj is OUT!!!!!

Xianio

02-16-2013

There is no way to verify if someone is telling the truth about their age without also requiring some additional thing - like a credit card.

I can see the merit (although I don't think it's needed as the lack of reward, reading and general volunteer nature of it makes it more of an adult activity anyway) but I can't see a way to implement this meaningfully.

I THINK you can't use the Tribunal is you're currently serving a ban. Additional time might be a decent idea. To expand on it though: I think ANYONE should be allowed to view tribunal reports (they're great learning tools for those who want to change) but just grey out the pardon/punish options leaving only "Skip" and a disclaimer about why they're greyed out.

Rogue Revenant

02-16-2013

Yeah the first one is virtually impossible

The second I'm fairly sure is already implemented (Although there should be a period of time after the ban where they can't vote... so points for you)

And the last one I'm sad to say won't make a difference. You said you read through many of those posts correct? How often is it that the people that got banned see absolutely nothing wrong with what they did? 85-90% of the time just about. "I was only responding to them calling me a blah blah blah" "They were feeding how is that my fault" " I've spent money on this game! I should be VIP client #1 completely untouched by the consequences of my actions!"

Top three response right there.

I don't want to discourage you because you are trying to do something helpful. I certainly hope you don't take any of this personally because I don't mean for it to be personal. But these ideas won't change much of anything. The truth is most people hate the Tribunal for the same reason they hate the police. It's not the criminal's fault that they're getting punished for selling crack; it's the police's fault because they caught them.

Long story short people hate getting caught.

BrightNooblar

Recruiter

02-16-2013

Quote:
Xianio:
There is no way to verify if someone is telling the truth about their age without also requiring some additional thing - like a credit card.

I don't know about you, but i got my first prepaid gift card (A valid credit card number) when I was like 12.

Also ignoring this guys threads is a pretty safe choice at this point. Every time he makes a point, we logic him into a corner, and he just stops posting. Then a day later he has a new idea, and it all starts again.

Ext3rmin8or

02-16-2013

Quote:
Daemoj:
I finally got it!! After reading all these whiney little *****es complain about the bans, which after readin most of the cases should be banned, I finally figured out how to fix the broken tribunal system!!! There are only 3 easy things that need to change and then it is full proof. . . .

1) Make it so there is an age restricition. You need to be 18 to vote, jury duty, etc. So you need to be 18 to do the same thing on LoL. . This would fix 100% of the people whining about kids voting on the tribunal.

2) Make it so there is a win vs lose or some type of in game restriction, like you can't have had any warnings/bans in the last say 6 months before you can vote. There are a ton f****tards that are whining about people trolling the tribunal cause they got banned or got warnings... This fixes 100% of those whiney asses too!

3) This one literally just came to me when I was reading a post and it was my most brilliant idea so far!!! Hear me out before you judge me... Basically have 2 tribunals so to speak. The 1st tribunal would go over each case. not 5 cases in one vote like it is now. Basically once someone is reported it goes to tribunaler babies and they vote whether or not this case is worthy of punishment. Once someone has 5 cases that have been voted on that could cause a ban it goes into the tribunal like it is now. That way people can't complain about a case being in the tribunal that was a troll report. We all have them but this would stop 100% of people from saying, "Ya games 1 and 4 where me *****ing but 1, 3, and 5 where troll reports so the tribunal is broken!!"

You're welcome... Daemoj is OUT!!!!!

A better way to fix the Tribunal would be to only allow reports for Intentionally feeding, trolling, leaving and AFK to even reach the Tribunal, after all, they are the behaviors that don't have a built in button to make them a non-issue with a single click, as well as the behaviors that can actually affect the outcome of the game.

Daemoj

02-16-2013

Quote:
BrightNooblar:
I don't know about you, but i got my first prepaid gift card (A valid credit card number) when I was like 12.

Also ignoring this guys threads is a pretty safe choice at this point. Every time he makes a point, we logic him into a corner, and he just stops posting. Then a day later he has a new idea, and it all starts again.

You a scrub. I'm trying to fix your broekn ass tribunal. You get 100+ new threads a day about what people hate about this damn thing. But keep living in your fantasy world that you have a bigger Epeen than I do. It's ok. I have a lovely wife and 3 amazing kids. One day you will grow up and make something of yourself. Until then I will leave you with a **** you and have a nice day.

AeroWaffle

02-16-2013

Quote:
Daemoj:
You a scrub. I'm trying to fix your broekn ass tribunal. You get 100+ new threads a day about what people hate about this damn thing. But keep living in your fantasy world that you have a bigger Epeen than I do. It's ok. I have a lovely wife and 3 amazing kids. One day you will grow up and make something of yourself. Until then I will leave you with a **** you and have a nice day.

Woah, where'd that come from. That string of insults was completely uncalled for.

MasterTerranort

02-16-2013

Quote:
Daemoj:

So how about you spend time with them instead of being a neglectful father and husband spending all day *****ing on a online forum.

Daemoj

02-16-2013

They are right here beside me. I can access these stupid ass forums from anywhere. Ihave this thing called a smart phone. It lets you get on this interwebs thingy from anywhere!! You should check them out. I hear it's the next big thing.

powerbats

02-16-2013

Dameoj you completely shot yourself down when you started insulting everyone after asking to be respected in your post.

The ideas you've posted have been bandied about in 1 form or the other before but props for thinking of them.

1. Good idea but hard to enforce and probably easy to get around unfortunately.

2. It was posted about a year or so ago that you couldn't vote on tribunal if you were currently banned, not sure if there's still a cooling off period for after or not or whether they allow banned to vote and have it count or just use it as a tool to help them judge.

A training would be good for those that say go past the warning to the next stage where they perhaps judge cases and may'be even earn IP as well as shave a few hours off time ban or something like this for voting correctly.

3. That would be a problem since the bad players would have even more time to be bad before they got warned and either learned their lessons or kept going before being caught. I'm not sure if Riot doesn't already do something like this for those with better voting records I.E. there votes count for more towards a verdict or voting weight (note probably way off base with that idea so don't quote because it's a WAG).

You want to be taken seriously then stop auto insulting everyone who disagrees with you or says something negative, my teenage sons don't do tribunal because they don't want to make any mistakes and I won't type something like that when their around.

As 1 parent to another I know that getting frustrated while at computer and kids are around can easily lead to negativity towards your kids either by you or them picking up on the strong emotions so try and avoid it.