Why is MMR Hidden?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SyntheticSpark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Why is MMR Hidden?
I see no point in having MMR Hidden when you already have a division to show your ranks
A lot less people would be complaining if MMR was only visible to yourself only so it's still confidential and you would have a better idea of how you're placing and such.
When you see +2LP for a win, it's quite discouraging maybe if we saw how bad our MMR was we wouldn't complain as much.

SHOW MMR , SHUT EVERYONE UP !

What do you guys prefer as the league community? Hidden MMR ? Or shown MMR. I know a lot of you would probably say this would be similar to the old elo system, but there was a lot less complaining in the old system. Wins would be +10elo or -10elo, not +2 LP win -22 LP loss

ElephantSmall

02-16-2013

I actually like the new system, it goes both ways you don't just get +2 on a win and -22 on a loss situations. You can get +25 on a win and -5 on a loss aswell, all it takes is to be on the winning side of things for a little longer.

SyntheticSpark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Yes, but wouldn't you like to know your MMR?

ROKAF JE

02-16-2013

There really wasn't that much less complaining. Some games you lost 45 elo, some times you'd win 7.

People tend to forget the bad very quickly.

I do think MMR needs to be shown inside the client, because I'm tired of hearing players, who have no idea what they're talking about, moan about LP when it's not what you need to be concerned with. Same goes for everyone else (tired of it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantSmall View Post
I actually like the new system, it goes both ways you don't just get +2 on a win and -22 on a loss situations. You can get +25 on a win and -5 on a loss aswell, all it takes is to be on the winning side of things for a little longer.
I like it too, but less-than-ideal players will never hit that low-LP loss mark, hence all the forum rage.
They just don't understand, so they get angry.