Losing streak / Training

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KerfuffleBubbles

02-16-2013

Hello summoners. My first question is have any of you had to deal with a losing streak that just seems to go on forever? In the past 10 games I've played i have won 1 match. I try to play champs i don't play that often to mix things up, but the problem is when i do that i get out played and then i have my team yelling at me for feeding, i understand that they want to win don't get me wrong, but when im just playing normals I'd like to be able to play whom i wish. Which brings me to my next point...HOW THE HELL DO I TRAIN?....i know obviously "play lots of games" i get that. but i HATE being the 1 ruining the fun for everyone else. But playing Co-op vs AI is waaaaay too easy i can go like 20-0 in that and with custom games i go like 45-0 and thats obviously not realistic. I'm just not sure what to do here. I love this game but it's disheartining that there doesnt seem to be a way to practice without the fear of runing it for others.

P.S i play top or bot but id like to play some mid, any tips on how to play mid well would be aprriceated

p.s.s, obviously im still new to this i only have like 150 wins level 30 so maybe i should just expect to lose lots of games

k3ebl3r

02-16-2013

all depends on who you are playing, id recommend annie or veigar, easy farming, good nukes and strong presence late game

KerfuffleBubbles

02-16-2013

i have plenty that i could play mid i mean i think theres like maybe 4 that i dont have. I'd like to play someone like cassiopeia, mordekaiser, or ahri, but im open to any other

OoziHobo

02-16-2013

This reminds me of something a friend of mine said once when League was brought up. Matter-of-factly and completely serious he said, "I like League of Legends but I can't play it because I'm not good at League of Legends."

The learning curve is steep. Either make a new account and start from scratch, or turn off the chat function in your games and just put on some music. It's okay to lose normals. It sucks. But it's just a game and it won't matter much in the grand scheme of all your games. Especially if you ask yourself each time, "What could I have done better or differently?"

If you can't answer that question after every game, I have bad news... you're a robot.

noxToken

02-16-2013

I think my longest losing streak was 12 matches. Brutal. It happens. Conversely, I think my longest winning streak was 11.

If you're forthright about your skill, people will generally be accepting and willing to help. You're level 30 with 147 wins, so I would imagine that your Elo would have leveled out by now. If your amount of loses closely matches your wins, then you should have been settled. If not, keep playing, and the Elo system will get you figured out. If you're queuing with other players that do not closely match your Elo, the match will attempt to best fit you guys with matching opponents, but the results will definitely vary. I'm about 220-200 - 52%. When you get around that percentage, everything should be working out for you.

You don't have to switch champions each game to learn how they work. I suggest learning at least 10 champs minimum (very minimum) with 2 champs for each role. Play a custom game until you get somewhat familiar with their kit. Once you have the champs basics down, head to PvP. It's alright to rotate through the same 1 or 3 champ(s) for a while until you have a certain level of mastery over them. That's how you get better.

A note on training: it is a combination of playing games, reading guides, asking questions. Learning how each champion works will help you better play against them. Playing 500 matches will definitely get you play experience under your belt, but it can only increase your understanding of the metagame by so much without supplemental techniques.