@Riot I have an idea no-permabans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nahumm

02-16-2013

Hi Guys,

I've been playing this game since the beta, some times it's been difficult to balance the game the players (that's why they use ELO and now different ladders).

I'm not toxic player but sometimes is really frustrating and I lost my mind (weird cases), league of legends it is become incredibly like a sport, like baseball, like soccer, this is because we have a team ( 5 players ) that they are agains another team, sometimes 1 guy can carry all the team (if the other team does not work together), sometimes there is no possible if you dont work together.

Now, since season 2 the community of league of legends has changed a lot I've seen a lot of trolls a lot of feeder a lot of thrash people I'm not sure if it's because the oldest members do their best and the new members not even care, or maybe it's the other way around, even so rage is not good for anyone, bans are ok... actually I think the largest ban should be 1 month.
(Why 1 month, because 1 month is like ok I will wait I need to relax I dont need to think about LoL maybe check the release notes the new champions, be more proactive in the community, etc ).

My idea is that if you have been banned 3 times ( 1 month each ) then in the campion selection you should be marked as a toxic player (something like a honor initiative) and the player can chose if they want to play with you, so that means that if the other player does not want to play with you then removed you from the team and start the queue again, with this we are going to create conscious about the player doesn't want to play with you because you are a toxic player, if they decided to play with you then after the match they should answer a question about him something like "Was he toxic in the game ?" yes or no, or maybe something like "Does he/she deserves honor ?" and if the players honors him then he is going to remove the mark from his account (after 10 honors games and no reports).

Sometimes doesn't matter if the toxic player got ban they just create a new account an lvl up and sometimes are toxic with the new players and really that's awful because the new player thinks that everyone is like that or maybe that is the real dynamic of league of legends.

So mark those toxic players like toxic and if the community should decide if they want to play with him or not, they are going to be a little bit shame of that mark and if no one wants to play with him then he won't be toxic again because is more frustrating cannot play because nobody wants you in your team that just create a new account and lvl up and be the same toxic player again.

Also maybe they can be punish that if they have the toxic mark in his/her account then he receives 50% less ip/rp for the game also he is not going to able to report anyone just honor players.

Thoughts ?

MasterTerranort

02-16-2013

Riot permabans people because they do not want their money or time. If you get Permabanned Riot is telling you to go play another game because they do not want you to play their own.

Plus if this were to happen the toxic players will more then likely never be able to play a game again.

Xeones

02-16-2013

Toxic individuals ruin the game for everyone else. From a buisness perspective letting a few people who can't control their anger alienate dozens of potential customers each is a bad buisness plan.

As for your suggestion? Terrible. I can just imagine hopping back into the queue dozens of times before finding a group that lacks a toxic individual.

Most of the people I hit punish on, and I do mean the overwhelming majority, are monsters they have no right to continue playing the game with all the homophobic, racist, and hateful comments I see.

Nahumm

02-16-2013

The problem here is that they can create another account and lvl to 30 again

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahumm View Post
and? Your idea let them keep their champion, skins, and time invested in the account. Losing all of that is a great motive not to reenact the toxic behavior which got you permaban in the first place.

Flickerei

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahumm View Post
Thats their choice, but they lose all the time, money and work they put into their old account.

And if they refuse to change (or troll out of spite, like some people) then they will end up getting banned again and waste even more of their own time.

StylesRockman

02-16-2013

The real problem is that it encourages further toxicity from the player by marking and shaming them in front of the community.

Multiple psychology experiments have been conducted that are immediately relevant to this, all with one basic premise: A teacher is given a class of young students, and told before hand which students were "A" students and which students were "C" students. However, this list was intentionally swapped, and in fact the "A" students were really the "C" students, and vice versa. At the end of the school year, the grades of the students had turned a complete 180, as if the prophecy had been fulfilled.

Translating this to LoL: Playing with people who have higher grades of honour badges encourages you to be more honourable, and respect this player more. They may have been toxic at one point, but right now they are an "A" grade League player.

If we publicly shame the "toxic" players, then we further encourage them to be toxic and increase toxicity around them.

Meritone

02-16-2013

I've got an idea. How about we upgrade bans to instant account deletion.

Game would clean up fast.

Eraconis

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTerranort View Post
Riot permabans people because they do not want their money or time. If you get Permabanned Riot is telling you to go play another game because they do not want you to play their own.

Plus if this were to happen the toxic players will more then likely never be able to play a game again.
If they didnt want your money, they would refund you after a perma ban. If they didnt want you to play their game they would IP ban.

They dont give a ****, and they are a business stop thinking that they are here for the community.

Sucking up to corporations this way is what causes problems.

Qichin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraconis View Post
They dont give a ****, and they are a business stop thinking that they are here for the community.

Sucking up to corporations this way is what causes problems.
I thought businesses only make money if they have customers. And if a business doesn't take care of their customers, they lose them. So in order to make money, if for no other reason, they would have to take care of the community.