Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can't believe I had to explain that...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LockCORE

02-16-2013

I was just in a series game (Silv Div 2 going for Div 1) with an ap yi on the other team. Going 7/3 as ad Bruiser nidalee top (Whooped on their Olaf). My team starts dieing to the yi, giving him enough kills to start REALLy doing some damage. So I start to tell my team...

Me: "Guys buy a banshee's veil, I don't care if your a carry just do it."
Our Ez: "No, I'm the adc I don't need it."
Our Lux: "No, I can't build Mr cause I have to do the damage."
Our Cho: "No, I need health."

One Minute Later....

Our Ez: "Omfg yi just one hit me."
Our Lux: "There I got abyssal scepter, now I have mr yet I'm still dieing, nid your a noob."
Our Cho: "I can't tank that damage."

I'm just curious... am I REALLy a noob for telling my team to buy items to keep them alive where we might have actually won the game? Ap Yi only has one damaging skill (Alpha strike) Therefore Banshee's is like a required item for him yes? Now keep in mind half the time cho missed all his skills on yi. As my Ad bruiser/tank nid, Yi couldn't kill me. Throughout the last 2 minutes of the game I was forced to argue WHY THEY NEED A Banshee's Veil <---- Dear god...

ExecutionerK

02-16-2013

Why argue?

Say it once, if they don't do it, they won't do it.

Arguing will only make you do even worse.

As a side note, Abyssal is not completely wrong (even though I dislike it in this situation) and Ezreal's idea was right.

Who is the support though? Assuming Chogath miss his silence there should still be some CC on the support to cc the Yi, and Yi can't one shot Ezreal unless he is like 10 kills ahead of the game with something like DFG, Alpha strike is not made for one shotting the enemy and that is the only AP damage skill from him, obviously you are not telling the entire picture, or is heavily bias toward you.

Sylvr

02-16-2013

Banshee's might help, but it's not the best thing you could build against AP Yi. If the Yi is playing right, then he shouldn't even be coming into the fight until people are already low anyway. By that point, the shield should be long since popped, and you're really only getting some MR out of it.

The ADC would be better off just building a Warmogs, or possibly a QSS/Scimitar if there is some CC on the enemy team he can use the active on, or he could go old-school and get a GA. A Bulwark on Cho would absolutely cripple AP Yi's damage. Lux could have built a Grail and/or Twin Shadows instead of Abyssal and gotten a lot more use out of it. Ideally, she should never be within range for the Abysseal aura to kick in.

Z The Slayer

02-16-2013

Lol, Abyssal on Lux.

Eh, screw them. Just keep at it and you'll get your series game back. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw.

LockCORE

02-16-2013

Quote:
ExecutionerKen:
Why argue?

Say it once, if they don't do it, they won't do it.

Arguing will only make you do even worse.

As a side note, Abyssal is not completely wrong (even though I dislike it in this situation) and Ezreal's idea was right.

Who is the support though? Assuming Chogath miss his silence there should still be some CC on the support to cc the Yi, and Yi can't one shot Ezreal unless he is like 10 kills ahead of the game with something like DFG, Alpha strike is not made for one shotting the enemy and that is the only AP damage skill from him, obviously you are not telling the entire picture, or is heavily bias toward you.

Nothing is Bias towards me, we had a sona support who legit got caught EVERY time she went to ward. Meanwhile Ezreal built NO sustain items or anything to keep him alive. I ended the game 7/3/5 check my match history if you don't believe me. I died to the enemy team's vayne. Our sona was almost always dead from getting caught by wards. Ez and Sona both were separated half the time.

Edit :: Here is the Yi's build and score. HERE (http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/21909296#history)

ExecutionerK

02-16-2013

I don't find it right to blame everything on the Ezreal then. He has flask and BT, that is way more than enough sustain. His score is 1/5/9, which is bad but the fact that he got 9 assists indicated that he actually did something in the fights to get his assists. Yi's score is 9/5/5, if you think about it he is only involved in 14 kills, while you are involved in 12 kills, which makes both teams about equal in term of the power to carry.

The only one that you might be able to blame is Sona with her 0/11/12, but I found your arguement invalid with Lux having a 10/5/5 score

tl;dr: Nope, you are giving yourself too much credit.

LockCORE

02-16-2013

Quote:
ExecutionerKen:
I don't find it right to blame everything on the Ezreal then. He has flask and BT, that is way more than enough sustain. His score is 1/5/9, which is bad but the fact that he got 9 assists indicated that he actually did something in the fights to get his assists. Yi's score is 9/5/5, if you think about it he is only involved in 14 kills, while you are involved in 12 kills, which makes both teams about equal in term of the power to carry.

The only one that you might be able to blame is Sona with her 0/11/12, but I found your arguement invalid with Lux having a 10/5/5 score

tl;dr: Nope, you are giving yourself too much credit.

This isn't about giving myself credit. You might want to reread the post. It's about the team complaining about dieing yet not building anything really to keep them alive or adapt to the situation of a hard hitting ap yi. So just leave the thread kid until you can manage to stay on topic. I the point was I was trying to help my team stay alive in fights yet they just shot down my ideas and suggestions.

ZOMGTURTLE

02-16-2013

While he did not answer your specific question, you'd do better to get clarification from Ken rather than insult him, he's very active in the game and on the forums and knows his stuff.

To answer your question: No. Building BV against that team would have done little to nothing to slow down that AP Yi. It would be a lot of gold dropped primarily for a shield that would get taken away very, very quickly by an Olaf axe or Taric. Hell, knowing what you were doing, Hec could have just as easily initiated every fight with his ult and popped all the bubbles. And there's no way Sona would be able to afford one, and she was behind in levels and gear, meaning that worst case scenario is that Yi kills her and pops all the bubbles with Alpha, then just presses the Alpha button again.

I get what you were trying to do, it wasn't the worst idea, just impractical. The only tools you had to lock down and kill a rampaging AP Yi were Cho Q or E (which you said he missed plenty of) and Sona ult (which is a considerable cooldown and would put her in harm's way to get blown up anyway). Once Yi started getting out of control, you had very few tools to deal with him. Pretty much you would just want to keep stacking damage on Ez and Lux, hope they position well, catch Yi outta position with a Rupture and jump his ass quick, locking him down before he can Alpha or Meditate. You woulda had to rely heavily on Cho to do well to pop and silence him, and since he apparently couldn't, you were boned from the time Yi got fed.

ExecutionerK

02-16-2013

To make it clear: What I meant is that even though you present it as if the master yi is the only problem that you guys have. The match history shows a different story. with a score of 9/5/5, lux is at least on pair with him, which from how you presented it is very misleading.

Personally I think the only one that can be blamed at in that game is Sona as she is constantly caught out of position, other players are fine.

LockCORE

02-16-2013

Quote:
ExecutionerKen:
To make it clear: What I meant is that even though you present it as if the master yi is the only problem that you guys have. The match history shows a different story. with a score of 9/5/5, lux is at least on pair with him, which from how you presented it is very misleading.

Personally I think the only one that can be blamed at in that game is Sona as she is constantly caught out of position, other players are fine.

Well I sound like a dick, I apologize for the way I responded as the internet can be misleading on how people describe things. Nevertheless I'm not saying anyone on my team was bad I was just curious as to why people don't build MR if they are getting decked by an AP champ.