Just a suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dirty Camel99

02-16-2013

I didn't really see any threads that had this suggestion but if there was i apologize in advance. Now to the topic, riot could you implement a system where when a player disconnects from a game it gives the players on that players team to vote on ending the game and not making it count for a loss. While i was on my main i have constantly been in ranked games where someone disconnects and it ends up being a 4 v 5 and we have to wait till 20 min and when we do surrender it counts as a loss which is quite frustrating. I hope i don't come off as a whiner but it's just a bit annoying if this happens. Thank you for reading if you did so.

ArCblizz

02-16-2013

That is a very reasonable request, But sadly RIOT will never listen, they want players to drop so that they have to play more games to rise. The trolls and leavers all help with this. For a competitive game they do a terrible job of helping players that want to play competitively

ROKAF JE

02-16-2013

Too easily abused.
Try reading the suggestion forums. They most likely have this.

MaRcEsCeNt

02-16-2013

I agree with you, it's really annoying getting a loss because of someone dcing, as well as having to wait 20 minutes to surrender if you get behind. But the thing is that, as ROKAF JE said, it's really easy to abuse that kind of system and taking advantage of it. I could just dc manually each game I think I'm going to lose and prevent my team for losing. It would be possible, though, to use this system and punish only the person that's dcing. I think we have to work something out but I can't blame RIOT, it's a touchy situation to manage...

LoudFootSteps

02-16-2013

No, I seriously believe that there is something implemented for leavers who reconnect. There would be no way that everyone who leaves and reconnects still manages to get back in the game. Someone disconnecting doesn't mean the end. I have had teammates disconnect and then reconnect a minute later, and get back in the game fine. The person who leaves does lose LP too, so there should be no reason for people to leave anyway. You might as well just lose the game.