Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PBE Hecarim nerfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JoeyMakesMagic

02-16-2013

Quote:
Last Elixir:
Are you guys investing heavily in his E or something? o_o Hec W has the same cooldown at max rank as it does right now so once you're 13 (this is /around/ when teamfights will break out regularly anyway) it's exactly the same as far as CDs are concernced.

As a hecarim main, proper usage of W during ganks and skirmishes will make or break the fight. Having W up twice is extremely important to surviving as hecarim.

Taliesin

02-16-2013

Looking at the changes, this is a straight-up nerf. He'll clear a little faster in the early game, but the Q buff is balanced out by the W nerfs (CDR and damage). He'll be a few seconds faster, but his sustain will still be **** (10% -> 20% means literally nothing when it's still capped vs creeps) and his dueling will still be just god awful.

In exchange for that? His sustain in teamfights just took a straight-up 33% nerf.

Yeah, **** these changes.

JoeyMakesMagic

02-16-2013

Quote:
Taliesin:
Looking at the changes, this is a straight-up nerf. He'll clear a little faster in the early game, but the Q buff is balanced out by the W nerfs (CDR and damage). He'll be a few seconds faster, but his sustain will still be **** (10% -> 20% means literally nothing when it's still capped vs creeps) and his dueling will still be just god awful.

In exchange for that? His sustain in teamfights just took a straight-up 33% nerf.

What pisses me off is that they make it sound like these are buffs. Just ****ing sack up and say you think his W is overpowered. Don't tell me that you are "buffing" him when it's ****ing clear as day that you are not.

Taliesin

02-16-2013

Quote:
JoeyMakesMagic:
What pisses me off is that they make it sound like these are buffs. Just ****ing sack up and say you think his W is overpowered. Don't tell me that you are "buffing" him when it's ****ing clear as day that you are not.

Agreed.

Cheeto101

02-16-2013

Quote:
Taliesin:

Pretty much.

If they want these changes to actually balance Hec out, they need to up the minion cap on his W so the jungle camps don't tear him a new one, so when he does get invaded he has some health to duel.

Last Elixir

02-16-2013

Quote:
JoeyMakesMagic:
As a hecarim main, proper usage of W during ganks and skirmishes will make or break the fight. Having W up twice is extremely important to surviving as hecarim.

Now at those early levels the W you do use will heal you for twice as much, and it's cooldown isn't twice as high to make up for the early buff to it's effectiveness while it is on.

Also I highly doubt you are in a lot of scenarios where you gank someone, and 14 seconds later you haven't either gotten disengaged from or gotten a kill.

STKuja

02-16-2013

Giving q a buff is actually huge, that thing is a spammable aoe the damage is gunna add up really quickly

Love it

JoeyMakesMagic

02-16-2013

Quote:
Last Elixir:
Now at those early levels the W you do use will heal you for twice as much, and it's cooldown isn't twice as high to make up for the early buff to it's effectiveness while it is on.

Also I highly doubt you are in a lot of scenarios where you gank someone, and 14 seconds later you haven't either gotten disengaged from or gotten a kill.

You are obviously not building CDR then. I can always get my W up twice in a skirmish and it makes a massive difference.

JoeyMakesMagic

02-16-2013

Quote:
STKuja:
Giving q a buff is actually huge, that thing is a spammable aoe the damage is gunna add up really quickly

Love it

Not as quickly as it used to seeing as elder lizard got nerfed by 15 damage.

IS125249a956a4be4299b23

02-16-2013

riot preemptively nerfed him because oddone and saintvicious made hecarim guides