PBE Hecarim nerfs

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FadeDreams

02-16-2013

I know that the changes on PBE aren't final and are still up for testing, I'm making this post in order to support keeping hecarim the way he is right now, in a balanced and challenging to play state. I've played hecarim for fun throughout season 2 in normals, and now that season 3 has really helped him out i've played hecarim a lot in ranked as well. These changes riot's made are overreactions to a slight rise in popularity and it seems like riot's trying to keep hecarim in an unviable state just because he's been seen in two LCS games.

1. Hecarim's W has been nerfed in multiple ways. The base damage at every level is lowered by 20, the cooldown has been increased to 18/17/16/15/14 from 14 at all levels, and the amount healed has been changed to 20% at all levels from 10/15/20/25/30%.

First of all, the "early game buff" given to hecarim by changing level 1 W to 20% from 10% is absolutely negligeble because 90% of the time hecarim activates a level 1 W will be on jungle camp monsters, and there's already a cap on how much hecarim can heal off of creeps, so in the end hecarim will not be healing anymore than when it had 10% lifesteal.

Second, there was absolutely no reason to increase the early level cooldowns on W [I]even more[I]. Hecarim's E already has an insane 24 second cooldown at level 1 and now that W will have an 18 second cooldown at level 1 makes Hecarim's early game so much worse, despite the fact that xyphereous intended for these changes to buff hecarim's early and balance out his late game. There's also the problem that glass cannon hecarim with triforce/last whisper will be 100% unviable now since the only path he'll be forced to itemize in will be cooldown reduction. I thought riot didn't like having only 1 item path for a champion.

Lastly, there's the nerfs to spirit of the elder lizard which are obviously intended to nerf hecarim since he and Vi are the only champions that buy it. Xyphereous supposedly buffed hecarim's Q to balance out the nerfs to his W (increased by 10 damage at everly level) but in reality that buff is simply canceled out by the 15 TRUE damage nerf from each Q hecarim uses due to spirit of the elder lizard. the 10 damage increase to hecarim's Q is also a physical damage buff meaning that it's basically only a 5 damage buff since the average champion has ~100 armour. This totals a net loss of 10 damage per Q to hecarim in the end.

Once again, i know these changes are only on PBE and may not go live but i wanted to write this in hopes that xyphereous sees it and reverts the overnerfs he's made to a champion that's just started to see some real play.

TL;DR: Hecarim's W massively nerfed without justification, along with Hecarim's best item (spirit of the elder lizard). xyphereous pls.

Edit: For those of you saying that Hecarim is dominating competitive play, i don't understand where you're getting this information from. I've been watching LCS all weekend and he's only been picked twice so far. He also hasn't been picked a single time in OGN Winters in korea (arguably highest level of LoL pro play)

There's also a lot of people saying they're buffing his early game and nerfing his late game even though there isn't a reason for this change in style of play. When we pick hecarim we understand that we might get bullied early game but we take that risk for the late game trade off, much like when we pick amumu. If i wanted to dominate early game jungling i'd just pick xin zhao/jarvan or any of the strong duelist junglers that are fotm right now

Sorgklaan

02-16-2013

No

noooo

no, please god no

Beas7ie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Wait a minute. I thought a champ was supposed to become FOTM before getting QQed about by the kiddies then nerfed. Riot totally jumped the gun on this one.

Last Elixir

02-16-2013

I'm a pretty avid Hecarim player and I think his W is one of the strongest skills in the game and the notion that it is sligthly out of line isn't that crazy.

Free Gray Screen

02-16-2013

I should have seen this coming. I was just starting to get good with Hec.

VanceStubbs

02-16-2013

Nerfed?

He is nerfed?

Looking at the notes he looks like he was buffed...

I JUST DID METH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beas7ie View Post
Wait a minute. I thought a champ was supposed to become FOTM before getting QQed about by the kiddies then nerfed. Riot totally jumped the gun on this one.
He was sleeper OP for quite a while
riot doesnt pay a lot of attention to the "kiddies" in this forum for a reason; they aren't pros, and they have very little idea on how balancing in this game works

riot's biased attention towards pros/tournament play is completely just - These are the PROFESSIONALS of the game, the people who got there because they know how the game functions much more than the elo hell QQers on this forum that wont stop trying to find excuses why they play bad.

Felaedor

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceStubbs View Post
Nerfed?

He is nerfed?

Looking at the notes he looks like he was buffed...
People don't understand what buffs to spammable skills on early game junglers actually mean.

Cheeto101

02-16-2013

Agreed that this is a ridiculous change. Hec has clear weaknesses in his early jungle strength and his pre 6 ganks not being anything super special.. His W turning him into a late game monster is a good trade off for this.

This change is super lame.

IS13940001471ffbdf28d0e

02-16-2013

Who thinks Hecarim is balanced should look at some tournament games. I mean, 90% of balance things happens around that. If you don't have you probably don't know what is going on.
Hecarim is dominating in the pro level, and the nerfs are right.

12345 ... 10