Dom community

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twibs

Junior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolos1001 View Post
I played a lot when jabebot was around and then stopped when it didn't work any more. I come back and every game is rageaholics or trolls who say "it's just dominion why do you care?"
So basically you're calling the dominion community bad when it's plainly the SR community who have come across and treat it like ****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerzs

Senior Member

02-16-2013

- I left the sr community cause people said "No one cares about you"

-I...try.. to help people..in dom community =( apologies to those I said "you're useless" to back then..

-Do you participate on the Dominatedominion chat? There's a lot of good people there that don't mind talking about things in general.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koravel

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twibs View Post
So basically you're calling the dominion community bad when it's plainly the SR community who have come across and treat it like ****.
This x 1000. Anyone who says "its just dominion why do you care?" isn't part of our community.

Join the chat rooms DominateDominion and DominionMentor.

The DD chat has a lot of really great guys, and the DM chat is set up for people wishing to learn about Dominion- we have mentors who will play games with you regardless of your elo level and give you tips on gameplay and such.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kolos1001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroxite View Post
That's actually the SR community, who came to take a break in dominion. So it's them you hate. Play up or down to a group of mostly dominion players and it gets better.
How many games does that take? I'm around 350 dominion games and still getting trolls more than half the time. If it takes 1000 games to finally get good team players then it's no wonder the community is so small...so it still is pretty bad no matter how you look at it. Either the people who play dom are jerks or they are SR jerks and you have to play 1000 horrible games to finally get good teams. I think my original statement still stands. That's ****.

350 wins that is...probably around 600 games


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IDontWasteFood

Senior Member

02-16-2013

This thread is nothing but bad luck. I read it, played 2 games, and had people rage the entire time. That hasn't happened in FOREVER but it happened today... You are a curse on dominion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kolos1001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontWasteFood View Post
This thread is nothing but bad luck. I read it, played 2 games, and had people rage the entire time. That hasn't happened in FOREVER but it happened today... You are a curse on dominion.
Maybe I just picked a terrible day to come back


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sakuri Ono

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolos1001 View Post
If it takes 1000 games to finally get good team players then it's no wonder the community is so small...so it still is pretty bad no matter how you look at it.
On the flip side of matters you could play 3000 games of SR and still never escape jerks/bad teams. At least Dom has an 'end goal'. XD

Also if you want a better gauge of the Dom community I'd say hang out in some of our streams. Doesn't really matter whose. Fancy's, Ryx's, Feed's, anything on the main DD channel, ect. That's pretty much the second best way to get a feel for Dom's community by talking to people there.

The first was already mentioned; the DD channel in game. Although same days it can be a little hectic in there. XD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koravel

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolos1001 View Post
How many games does that take? I'm around 350 dominion games and still getting trolls more than half the time. If it takes 1000 games to finally get good team players then it's no wonder the community is so small...so it still is pretty bad no matter how you look at it. Either the people who play dom are jerks or they are SR jerks and you have to play 1000 horrible games to finally get good teams. I think my original statement still stands. That's ****.

350 wins that is...probably around 600 games
Its not about number of games as it is about your individual skill level. If you're hovering around entry level skill- 1200 elo- then you're going to get a lot of people who are actually SR players and just playing dom to try out weird builds.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kolos1001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koravel34 View Post
Its not about number of games as it is about your individual skill level. If you're hovering around entry level skill- 1200 elo- then you're going to get a lot of people who are actually SR players and just playing dom to try out weird builds.
that's just luck then


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

War1eader

Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolos1001 View Post
that's just luck then
Not quite sure how you got "just luck" from based on your individual skill, nevertheless, welcome (back) to the dominion community.


123