What feature would you like to see in a 5v5v5 map?

Buffs 10 55.56%
Debuffs 6 33.33%
Jungle 10 55.56%
Minion upgrading 5 27.78%
Minion interaction 2 11.11%
Aggressive monsters 8 44.44%
Environmental hazards 10 55.56%
Coop with AI 0 0%
Team-wide purchases 3 16.67%
Structure interaction 8 44.44%
Resources gathering 5 27.78%
Limited resources 2 11.11%
Other (please specify) 1 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

[POLL]VPVD#1 vote - features

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ploki122

02-16-2013

So, we came to the conclusion that our map would be 5v5v5 (could still change, but it's our current direction). Before fleshing out the map, I thought that having a list of interesting features to plug in there would make the cohesion much better as well as making the map funner.

So what kind of things would you like? And like always, I'll describe every single options. Please note that the choices may overlaps a little, there has been a little bit less participation this step, and my imagination is limited. Also, please give your opinion if you vote "Other".

Buffs :
Either jungle camps that give buffs, capturable altars, shrines, storm shield... Anything neutral that can be attached to at least one of your champions.

Debuffs :
Like buffs, but negative (you do something and the enemy receives a debuff).

Jungle :
Here, I say jungle in a broad term... I only mean neutral team... Basically, do we want the team to have a 4th party?

Minion upgrading :
Boosting their stats, maybe changing the waves' composition. Basically, anything that can make the minions stronger in a generic (faster spawning) or specific way (boosted MR).

Minion interaction :
Allows you to choose the minions' pathing in some way. My idea is that everyone has a crystal and there are 3-7 sockets where you can drop your crystal. there are 5 (smaller) waves spawning, 1 at each crystal (so you could stack all 5 mid for example).

Aggressive monsters :
Monsters that either attack you when you're nearby, or that spawns and attack your base.

Environmental hazard :
Either some little spots that have interaction with the champions (like a stream that heal, or some quicksands who slow you down). Or maybe simply zones in the map, think Dominion, except that the Drill causes tremors and the graveyard spawns ghouls.

Coop with AI :
Having a computer-controlled champion/monster on your side. Basically, anything AI-controlled, that you aren't fighting against (could be used in a 1-team map too).

Team-wide purchases :
Buying global auras, buildings, bonuses, items (for 1-2 special slots), etc.

Structure interaction :
Either building new buildings, repairing existing ones, maybe capturing neutral buildings. Anything building related, heck it could be a farm that gives ambient gold...

Resources gathering :
There are "mining spots" in the wild that you can collect to gather more gold. It may also, alternatively, be that right clicking on it channel you through a "foraging" spell for like 5 seconds and that gives you a lump of X that you can sell to the shop. This limits the availability of such resources and prevents from super snowballing (you forage more effectively when you have inventory slots).

Limited resources :
This "resources" is a bit broader... Basically, I don't meant only goal. A survival kind of game would fit this feature. In this case resources can mean the gold available, the number of life per person, the number of minions spawning... basically, anything that is countable can be included in here (heck, even fountain healing or recalls).

ploki122

02-16-2013

320 views, not a single vote... I am baffled...

SephirothWontDie

02-16-2013

I think you should include something like a penalty for doing certain things like if you decided to(for example) gather a resource, you are not allowed to collect another resource for so-and-so amount of time.

ploki122

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothWontDie View Post
I think you should include something like a penalty for doing certain things like if you decided to(for example) gather a resource, you are not allowed to collect another resource for so-and-so amount of time.
Well, it's certain that there will be a limitation at some points, but I believe that is more on the balance part of the map. Also, if every "gathering action" takes one slot in inventory, it does achieve that role of limiting the number of scavenging you can do back to back...

Just my opinion tho, thanks for the feedback.

ploki122

02-17-2013

bump

Nazrethim

02-17-2013

Bump, I like this

ploki122

02-18-2013

glad you like it! One thing that amazes me is the fact that right now only 2 persons want neutral monsters... Even in my wildest guesses I thought it would've been at least 75%...

Another thing I really like, and I don't know if that's the reason why it's that way, but the worst design elements (as in either the ones with the least depth, or the ones with the most flaws) seems to be gathering the least votes.

Otherwise, looking at the preliminary results, my guess is that we're gonna be reworking Dominion (although it's not the goal, I think we'll end up with a Dominion-like map, that is more enjoyable and different than Dominion). You heard it here first.

ploki122

02-19-2013

time for a bump

CandyManCriminal

02-19-2013

voted and bumped =]

thanks for the review, it was very helpful
i made a bunch of changes

ploki122

02-20-2013

My guess is that I won't reach much more than 10 votes on this one :/ (still, the options are pretty well defined right now).

My second guess is that I'll have to work to reach 10 votes ><.