Never get honored. (Stupidty)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XXNickV2

02-16-2013

Ok so I'm not going to be full of myself but in some games I do quite flawless and so do other people some games I do horrible but the thing is when we have great game streaks and stuff like that the opponent's are mostlikly to be angry they lost and don't honor the enemy so like it makes it almost impossible to retain or gain honorable opponent.

Le MowMow

02-16-2013

Well keep in mind why the honor system was implemented. It was implemented to try and give people incentive to act appropriately. This is why I do not honor anyone whether they are on my team or not. It's not because I'm angry and have a grudge, it's more of because I shouldn't have to honor you. Here are my reasons why I think this:

1) If you're on my team, why should I have to honor you after every game for behavior that's acceptable? People shouldn't need an incentive outside of the possibility of a win to help each other in a game that's centered around teamwork. Why should I honor someone for not raging? Anyone who is older than two years old shouldn't be throwing temper tantrums regardless of how the game is turning out. Plus, if someone is being negative, obnoxious, and not acting like an adult there is a report button for that.

2) Honorable opponent means more than just a simple win/loss and it has nothing to do with your personal performance in the game(k/d/a, objectives, ect.). It's supposed to be awarded for not raging when you're losing and not being mean or obnoxious for winning. So.... again, I shouldn't have to reward someone for not being a ******.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Honor

LoudFootSteps

02-16-2013

I rarely honor people because I kind of set my standards high because I heard of an honor cap to how much you can give out. Usually, I give friendlys or teamworks but I rarely give helpfuls because the description for it says "Helped you learn the game" or something like that. No one actually is nice, caring, etc. or whatever you are supposed to honor people for. Honor is for people who have positively influenced your game and not being an a-hole doesn't really positively influence my games, although being an a-hole negatively influences my games.

Tiello

02-16-2013

I just honor someone in my team if is a cool person and help the team. I just honor an opponent if he is a good player and a cool person.

Agent of God

02-16-2013

saying gg at the end of the game doesn't warrant an honor

JevelFaithful

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXNickV2 View Post
Ok so I'm not going to be full of myself but in some games I do quite flawless and so do other people some games I do horrible but the thing is when we have great game streaks and stuff like that the opponent's are mostlikly to be angry they lost and don't honor the enemy so like it makes it almost impossible to retain or gain honorable opponent.
You seem to be under the impression honor = good score and not raging. 1st: Score has nothing to do with it. 2nd: by itself, not raging/bragging isn't enough either. It's just basic game behavior.
If the rest of your team was bragging and you were not only not-bragging but complimenting the good plays or "defending" the enemy, that'd warrant honor.

From exeprience, I'll honor if the game was especially memorable (like a 1h close game) or if the player stood out. Generally, that means chatting and being nice with the enemy during the match.

Seeing as red was the easiest ribbon. I think the problem might not be the system.

Jerkface Killa

02-16-2013

I see it like this..If were in the picking stage of the game and your being kind and talking about what we should be doing as far as team comp and not arguing even if u have to give away the role u wanted because someone else wants it and cant play whats left than **** yeah honor him for being adult enough to helpful. If were gettting our asses kicked and someone on the team helps to talk us through the game and keep us focused and positive even if we end up losing **** yea honor him. After the games over and an opponent is in chat and says something helpful or gives some good constructive criticism and isnt being a dick about winning/losing and says more than just "gg" and leaves than yeah mayb ill honor him. But if you ask for honor your def not getting it from me thats for sure. People shouldnt expect honor for any reason ever. Just play your best and if you get honored you get honored. After all its just a stupid ribbon on your picture it dont mean that much guys lets be real.here.

SummonersRiftPlz

02-16-2013

When people honor their opponents, there are only 3 reasons:
1. Roll. You rolled over them. Eliminated them, BUT with good attitude. Nothing like taunting in the all chat or something alike.
2. Problem. They found you as the biggest problem in the opponent's team. For example in a team there is an Alistar. You don't get raged at because you are not the one doing kills, and the player thinks that if you were on his team, it would be very cool.
3. Surprised. They get surprised by something like you playing a champion they consider hard to use or maybe a very under used champion. For example a Nasus, if the player doesn't know what it does, lets you farm, and suddenly you 1 shot him, he will honor you.

This is what I think... but is just my opinion.

JevelFaithful

02-16-2013

^ heed the guy above this. He summed up nicely the way people get honor I think.

1) I've never really seen it. But from what I've seen, at least 1 or 2 people on the enemy teams who actually chatted or interacted with us will get an honor. As before, not raging/taunting/gloating is not quite enough. But just doing so AND complimenting someone on the other team in post-game chat is enough.
2) AS he said. I'd say it's the people who are either a problem throught teamwork or by lining up multikills in smart way. What I mean by that is that katarina getting tripples after triples is not likely to be honored, because she gets them easily just cleaning up. But Leblanc or shaco getting them throught jukes and kiting and traps. That one, at least, feels skillful.
3) As he said. The best example I have is a pentakill story, it's somethign I saw on the forum. Blue carry (graves it was I think) gets quadra. Lux hanging out in the back gets away. She actually flashed back over the wall to give grave the penta.
Or I saw a darius ingame who was just plain very nice. He chatted un lobby (saying somethign like "sivir, carry us to victory". Which I failed to do, I finished 4/4/16 I think), said glhf, no swearing, gwp, everything. I know the other team remarqued the glhf. I'm sure that guy got at least 4-5 honor that game. Why? he was playing darius and he was nice.
More often, just by hanging out in lobby after a game, I'll often end up honoring the lone guy who stayed and chatted with me. If he's nice, he's nice