Dodging Trolls is a Strategy and Shouldn't be Punished.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eualcides

02-16-2013

The last ranked game I got qued up for, in Bronze IV, (aka Elo hell) started with one person http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/36659739
declaring "mid or feed." this would have been fine except one person took great offense to the situation and a huge debate/flame match exploded BEFORE the match had started.
I asked "please stop and focus." I said legion called mid and he should get it. neither listened to my pleas for teamwork.

I dodged at the last second, resulting in more arbitrary ladder points being taken off my profile and a time ban from games.

Here's the point: RIOT how do you expect players like me, who try to uphold the summoners code, who try to fill spots rather than take them, who try to play good team games, how do you expect players like me to play games that start out so terribly?

The answer, quite simply, is you can't. You can't expect us to play with trolls/people who wont communicate/instant lockers/bad team comps. Making players lose ladders points for dodging has drastically decreased the number of people willing to dodge ques.

To sum up, I'm not going to continue to play youre game if I lose ladder points for dodging obviously unpleasant games. I want to climb up the ladder and doing so seems impossible with the aforementioned situation.

Weajiin

02-16-2013

Allow two free dodges per day or make dodges cost 500->1000->2000->4000 ip with each consecutive dodge it should double. Only within a 24 hour period though.

ShneakySquirrel

02-16-2013

We've all been there. S1 I was down in the 900-1100 range, with no end in sight. S2 was managed to get better and go from 1k to 1400. It's a matter of luck and opportunity.

Z The Slayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Just remember, the enemy team is probably just as s***y and annoying as yours.

GundayMonday

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

You're not going to win every game. There's no such thing as elo hell. Every elo is hell.There are trolls at all levels. The good players win in spite of the trolls. Change your strategy to carry harder when you see idiots on your team.

Fluffy1

02-17-2013

no free dodges at all, id rather play with a troll and lose than go back to the time before dodge penalty where there was always a dodge cause 1/10 players isnt happy cause they didnt get their pick/position lane/someone else didnt do what they want. 20 minute lost cause game better than 3 hours of que dodges before a game starts

Z The Slayer

02-17-2013

Or how about the ability to report people and chat before the game starts? "Unsportsmanlike conduct" is a very common thing in champion select, and it's probably the number 1 thing you see in the Tribunal. A "report value" system could be in place that works similarly to the honor system, where people who report less often have a higher worth per report.
After a large enough sum of "report points" against one person in champion select, they are forcefully removed from queue and receive a warning. It would be impossible to force everybody you don't like out of queue (as it should be), since your report value would mean less every single time you do it in a short amount of time.

This way, 2 people who barely ever report (like, 1 out of 10 games average) or 3 people who report somewhat frequently (1 out of 4 games average) would be able to forcefully remove bad players. You won't lose much if you are kicked out by the eventual troll, as opposed to Q dodging.

It's a system that Riot can implement with a sort of logic program (similar to LeaveBuster), and it would need to be balanced over time, but I think it would work out well.

BEING ABLE TO REPORT PEOPLE IN CHAMPION SELECT. GET TO IT, RIOT.