What's the dominion meta?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fabs457

02-17-2013

Bot... always stranded on an island to himself :[

FreeGothitelle

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyal View Post
In dominion we have:
Kassadin
Khazix
Jayce
Teemo
Free hero pick
Have dominion players still not caught onto the new trap detection passive for hextech sweeper and lightbringer?
Teemo's TT viability was butchered by that, don't see why dominion would be any different.

stickjock

02-18-2013

Nope... just played first few games of dom since almost release.... Meta is still run around in circles while losing nodes, chase pointless kills, and ignore minimap.

Time to ignore dom again until they delete this terrible **** again.

mendeleyev

02-18-2013

My personal meta is Play Xin Zhao.

Then, be awesome.

Then, your bot lane will lose.

Then your team gets disorganized.

Then, watch as your team throws the entire game away.

mendeleyev

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickjock View Post
Meta is still run around in circles while losing nodes, chase pointless kills, and ignore minimap.

This guy gets it. This is how your team will play every time.

MMKH

02-18-2013

The meta is 1 bot, 3 flowchart, 1 top afk push/farm.

Mightyal

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickjock View Post
Nope... just played first few games of dom since almost release.... Meta is still run around in circles while losing nodes, chase pointless kills, and ignore minimap.

Time to ignore dom again until they delete this terrible **** again.
The same thing happens in SR.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Un1t View Post
More like Top lane: tanky derp, tanky derp, tanky derp, and a tanky derp.
Bot: Whoever could push the hell out of the lane AND survive ganks decently
AP is better than tanky derp atm. Downvote if you want, but you know it's true.

ZehNetoBR

02-18-2013

Dominion allows a lot of different compositions, really. Of course, there are always those who excel at one or another role, but there's room for diversity.

Here are some picks I find to work well on most of my Dominion matches:

- Top: Either 2 soakers (tank and/or bruiser) and 1 champion that can harass from a certain range, whether by skills or auto attacks. Sometimes, a support champion might play the role of the ranged harasser. At least two must have some sort of cc, especially stun, knock-up, knockback or silence. Examples: Taric, Malphite, Lee Sin, Alistar, Leona, Gangplank, Cho'Gath, Xin Zhao, Tristana, Soraka, Sona, Jarvan IV;

- Mid (you know, the guy who always arrives last, because he was busy capping mid): Champions that have good clean-up potential, such as Yi, Katarina, Talon, Akali, etc-etc-etc;

- Bot: champions that either excel at pushing or at harassing enemy champions. Ex: Diana, Mordekaiser, Katarina, Nunu, Caitlyn, Annie, Miss Fortune, Urgot, Karma (I didn't believe it would be possible, until I saw a good Karma player. Yes, they exist!);

For the record: I usually play tank > support > ap caster champions, but sometimes I go on champion sprees. Last one was Annie, now it's Xin Zhao and I have no idea which one will be next.

AlphaFerric

02-18-2013

I prefer tanky+ap (w/e kind that fits the comp)+burst ad (assassin/adc)+tanky(true tank with ap ratios or bruiser). I'm also a fan of double tank like malph + mummy sort of thing. Then you know, one bot.