"Select Your Role System"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TinyBeast

02-16-2013

Most players wanted to play their favorite role champion right?
Sometimes we also encounter problems like.......

guy 1: "mid"
guy 2: "jungle"
guy 3: "mid plzz or else i troll"
guy 1: "no you cant! i called it first!"

it will be great(imo) if Riot introduce new system like

Play>Normal/Rank> Solo Que> Select Your Role Top/Mid/Jungler/ADC/Support> Find Players

It will be great!

sorry for bad english

Mad Hit Monkey

02-16-2013

intriguing, if difficult to implement, I imagine. It would probably make matchmaking a ton more lengthy.

Hellbentbleu

02-16-2013

I'd rather longer queue's in exchange for this.. specially since you do get people with the whole "I mid or troll" bs a lot. And since you lose points for dodging a queue you're either stuck with them and lose a game 90% of the time or leave and lose points anyway.

Cute Slave

02-17-2013

Could even be tailored away from 'role' since meta changes to champ type. Limiting the ability to have diversity in laning is bad but I agree that there should be some form of division.

Perhaps something like.
Select Lane Scheme
[1 Top, 1 Mid, 2 Bot, 1 Jungle] [2 Top, 1 Mid, 2 Bot] [Other]

Select Role
[Tank] [Bruiser] [AP] [AD] [Support] [Jungle] [Any] [Add Additional Roles]

Select Preferred Team =Left Click to Add, Right Click to Subtract=
[2xTank] [0xBruiser] [1xAP] [1xAD] [0xSupport] [1xJungle] [0xAny] [Add Additional Roles]

From then on the matchmaker would try to get you close to what you want.

AuV2 Zinc

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet Katherine View Post
Could even be tailored away from 'role' since meta changes to champ type. Limiting the ability to have diversity in laning is bad but I agree that there should be some form of division.

Perhaps something like.
Select Lane Scheme
[1 Top, 1 Mid, 2 Bot, 1 Jungle] [2 Top, 1 Mid, 2 Bot] [Other]

Select Role
[Tank] [Bruiser] [AP] [AD] [Support] [Jungle] [Any] [Add Additional Roles]

[2xTank] [0xBruiser] [1xAP] [1xAD] [0xSupport] [1xJungle] [0xAny] [Add Additional Roles]

From then on the matchmaker would try to get you close to what you want.
Sure, I'll use that feature, I'll just make sure I'm settled in for the hour long queue.

At heart, this is a great idea, but the problems with 1) setting it up in the client, and 2) the massive queue times for some of these team comps would make it totally nonviable.

buneter

02-17-2013

just shut up it wouldnt work it has been proven over and over again and what happens when I pick support role so I have a short que and call adc anyways

Bwuk Im Ross

02-18-2013

i think that would make Q times even longer. but i like your other rsuggestion

Yurei Okami

02-18-2013

They are afraid to make such changes because it would increase queue time. But seriously, this situation we are in now can't be overlooked.

Last time I got promoted to a new league I got immediatly demoted back after losing a few matches. In 1 or 2 of those, we had regular matches, so my loss was fair. It's completely normal for you to lose a fair game right? The problem is, I had other 5 games where I knew we would lose from the picking phase. People fight over lanes. And fights almost always end in a really bad way, a way that will most surely lead to a loss and you can do nothing to stop it. I had a game with 2 junglers, another one with 2 adc, another with 3 mid, and many others with people who were forced to fill a role they weren't very good with because someone else just locked a champ they wanted to play making the whole team struggle to try making a decent comp. And no Tribunal or Honor Initiative will ever fix that.

I really don't care what they do to fix it, but if there's a solution, even if not the best one, I hope they implement it. Because it's chaos out there and it's killing all the fun, cause you know that every new game will be a new fight to try keeping people from screwing each other. It's damn stressing!

Chillin

02-18-2013

i think this needs to be implemented for ranked. Ranked should practise the meta, if you want to try things normal que is the way to go.

Right now ranked is a disaster; trolls and other issues where players are unhappy filling roles they dont enjoy. When i que for ranked there should be role select so there is already a reduced risk of arguing.

Not enough people will que as support? Add bonus ip rewards for queing as support, theres no excuse for not having this in RANKED QUES

Sleemburg

02-21-2013

i main support i dont see what the problem is here