Strolling through bronze.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TEEM0 0N DUTY

02-16-2013

Howdy everyone.

I came her not to complain about elo hell which I hear about all the time. I couldn't care less.
I'd like to know how to become a better player overall.

First a few things.

My ping is ALWAYS 200-220. Australia does that to you.

Second, I prefer to support. That's my preferred role, but I can do a mean top/mid/jungle and adc is lacking. Mostly due to positioning.

My map awareness is quite good. I personally believe my ward placement is top notch. I watch a few streamers from time to time.

I've been playing this game for about 3 months now.

A FEW THINGS I think will make me a better player is to play every character and know their weakness' but I don't know. Champions aren't cheap.

I think my skill level is supposed to be at bronze. I'm currently bronze iii and if I lose another game I'll be bronze iv.

Most of the time I lose due to my adc's overextensions. It's frustrating. I ward up yet they seem so stupid.
Today I suggested double golems, I was taric and I know how to leash them with the 3 target system. Yet my adc decided to tank them and got down to 2 health bars.

I told them to base yet they decided not to.

They ended up almost dying with my stun the only thing saving them from certain impending doom. Because of that bottom snowballed hard. Perhaps it's my fault for suggesting DG without them actually knowing how to do them but come on.. didn't think they would be so stupid as to stand around and let them tank while I try to take the attention away.

So back to what I was saying.

My question is.
How do I solo que teams to victory mainly maining support if the role becomes available.
I can do Taric, nunu, sona, thresh, janna and soraka support.

I understand burst/poke/sustain lanes. and their variances inbetween.

But should I just man up and take a different role instead of support? because quite frankly almost ALL supports in games freaking suck badly. They don't ward, they pick supports like teemo and ks all the time. Or they pick thresh because he is free and use his e to push the enemy away instead of closer.

What should I do? keep up with the ranked games or go to unranked?

Wonderonous

02-16-2013

Taric is a great support, and you can (believe it or not) lead your team to victory with him. Early on, tell your adc to focus on cs and watch for your pings, then try to zone the enemy. When the enemy adc tries to move in for a last hit, stun him and ping him, let your adc get a few hits on him, rinse and repeat.

Lategame, you want to keep everything warded, and try to get the enemy team to attack you if your team doesn't have any bigtime tanks. A big mistake a lot of Taric players make is using their w and stunning the enemy tank when they initiate. Personally, I tell my team every game I will be aiming to stun the enemy adc during teamfights, and to shut them down quickly. This usually works well for me, then use exhaust on whoever you feel deals a lot of damage. Make sure to keep your W up though, the armor aura is amazing, and it doesn't do that much damage in a teamfight to use it (unless you are chasing someone almost dead).

If you are looking at different supports and still want to keep the tankiness of Taric, I would suggest Leona or Nunu personally.

HoWallaWoH

02-16-2013

I don't know your play style or technique, but I do know that an aggressive Volibear can be very nice for your adc to have. The fling, the fear and the lightning are all very nice abilities that can assist your entire team throughout the game. I might suggest learning your zoning. This is something I really need to work on myself. Keep the suggestions coming guys, I would like to have more ideas on things to work on as well. I main support so this thread will be in my back pocket. Cheers, and as always....GL HF!

ROKAF JE

02-16-2013

Volibear isn't really a support, he's a easily and endlessly kited tank (unless running anti-kite defense masteries + merc treads or swiftness)
Even then, he struggles.

Getting downvoted for being correct - typical SR bronze

KnightxSScarlett

02-16-2013

Play Poppy support. Ward forward brush, wait for enemy to walk in. E -> Q, win.

Mich567

02-16-2013

Duo with a friend! It's pretty much foolproof if you both synergize well...

TEEM0 0N DUTY

02-16-2013

I like duo'ing. I just find it difficult to rely on other people sometimes.

Blackbren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

I would say don't play support if you can help it at that lv wait until you hit silver before you start supporting I would suggest maybe trying to do the ad carry and work on it some to try and get your feel for it up should make it easier to help carry 4 people below you.

AU Freo

02-17-2013

Sounds like you will do fine if you duo with a competent ADC.