Impossible to get to Gold V

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sexelady

02-16-2013

This is literally how my laddering goes in Silver one

win for 20
win for 18
win for 16
win for 10
win for 5
win for TWO POINTS
then lose for 18
then i get a troll team and lose for another 20
then i get an afk and im back to like 20ish

hell, a win < than a dodge

i literally cant get to my promotion series even winning ~ 65% of my games over the past 30ish.

How on earth is this fair?
the difference between silver I and gold V is what used to be 100 elo, if you're winning > 80% of the games in silver one you should be at least gold I lvl.
for those who dont understand what im saying, if you're ~1500 and u smurf ~1400 you wont win > 80% because you aren't that much more skilled than 1400.

seriously, the requirements to get promoted are rediculous.

FPfr3ak

02-16-2013

) i totally agree with you. I have the same problem, only that i'm in bronze I. I had 90 lp, then after winning one game i received +5, after another one +2. Now i'm almost afraid to start a new game, cause if i'm losing one, i have to win another 3 ones to get back to where i am right now. How stupid can this be? And i've reached 96 LP like 3 or 4 times, but every time i'd start losing and get back to 10-20 LP. Its an incredible struggling to get promoted.

YoungGoN4v5

02-16-2013

Your mmr has to catch up. Just keep winning consistantly.

ROKAF JE

02-16-2013

I got gold 5 in 1 day, from silver 4.
MMR clamping and stuff.
Look at the SR forums Need YOU! Thread, it'll answer some of the other questions you won't bother to research

ArCblizz

02-16-2013

The excuse that your mmr has to catch up just proves that the new ranking system is only a ****ty facelift.

If Riot is going to do a ladder. THEN MAKE IT A GOD DAMN LADDER. not a hidden mmr that never actually catches up.

I have never been more frustrated with a game then the way this new ranking system works. if you need to win a promotional series to rise. you should have to lose a demotion series to go down. But nope thats not how it works.

I have lost almost any small amount of respect i used to have for riot

LoudFootSteps

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArCblizz View Post
The excuse that your mmr has to catch up just proves that the new ranking system is only a ****ty facelift.

If Riot is going to do a ladder. THEN MAKE IT A GOD DAMN LADDER. not a hidden mmr that never actually catches up.

I have never been more frustrated with a game then the way this new ranking system works. if you need to win a promotional series to rise. you should have to lose a demotion series to go down. But nope thats not how it works.

I have lost almost any small amount of respect i used to have for riot
Because their system used to be better. Okay.

LoudFootSteps

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexelady View Post
This is literally how my laddering goes in Silver one

win for 20
win for 18
win for 16
win for 10
win for 5
win for TWO POINTS
then lose for 18
then i get a troll team and lose for another 20
then i get an afk and im back to like 20ish

hell, a win < than a dodge

i literally cant get to my promotion series even winning ~ 65% of my games over the past 30ish.

How on earth is this fair?
the difference between silver I and gold V is what used to be 100 elo, if you're winning > 80% of the games in silver one you should be at least gold I lvl.
for those who dont understand what im saying, if you're ~1500 and u smurf ~1400 you wont win > 80% because you aren't that much more skilled than 1400.

seriously, the requirements to get promoted are rediculous.
It's more important that you keep playing games, rather than get annoyed. Personally, I probably will never get LP clamped because I win about as much as I lose and I probably will never get to 100 LP. But you already have, so just keep winning. There is no use complaining.

Sexelady

02-17-2013

Thanks for the responses

could someone elaborate on how the MMR system works and what "clamping" is ?

ROKAF JE

02-17-2013

Edit: Nevermind the link died

Yegg had huge detailed explanation, it's floating around these forums somewhere.

XxVincexX

03-30-2013

Elo clam is basically where you get a slap in your face. You know those days when you get those afks and trolls? Well yea, they bring your win streak down. Sometimes i go on win streaks, then once i lose one due to a afk or someone who autolocks a champion they have never played, I go on a losing streak :/ So basically, when you're around 85 lp or something. You will get less LP until your mmr goes up. So around 90 LP ish you willl receive around 2 LP~ 1 LP each win. Ahaha it's tough to get to gold :/