Dominion fails

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ethan8her2

02-16-2013

Dominion use to be fun and exciting when it first came out every body jumped in on it. So what happened here for it to fall apart???

1st. AFK's = If some one is AFK on your team for a few minutes, especially the first couple of minutes of a match it is an instant gg.

2nd, riot nerfed the ability to come back in a game (sorry capture the base is not suppose to be summoners rift)

Ok lets be real number 2 is a little harsh on my part. because of problem one and the nerfs to come back in a game. Problem one added with problem two makes coming back almost impossible.

3rd problem draft que for dominion is 15 to 30 minutes????? how is this even possible??? If it was summoners rift with this issue you best believe they would do some sort of live maintenance right away to fix it not let it be an ongoing issue.

Ok possible ideas and solutions

Problem one has a couple of solutions, If some one is afk they should face the same penalty as a que dodger the next time they go to play a game.

The game should be scrapped if some one is not connected and or have not left the base in the first 3 minutes of a game. Or the gold they have is redistributed to your team like original dota use to do if some one left the game.

Last possible Idea Undo a little of the nerf to come back in a game. This way if you are stuck in 4 vs 5 you can kill some thing.

Problem 3 I am not sure what the issue is here but if it is que dodgers, Just do what my daddy did just bring out a bigger belt to punish them aka longer waits to re-que or even a 24 hour ban from playing another dominion game.

AFK's in dominion need a much harder penalty because the games are short most people just wait for the game to be over and just go right back into que there has to be a punishment for this. Like the same for que dodgers

Daedelous

02-16-2013

It has no ranked mode also, people won't invest too much time on it without that.

Mïkêy

02-16-2013

Game is balanced for SR not Dominion, it was popular at first because people wanted to try it out but in the end wasn't as great as it was hyped up to be, takes less skill in my opinion

Steven Mcburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Dominion would be super popular with ranked mode.

I actually like dominion more than SR, but there's no ranked and therefor I have no ****s to give.

Then you got TT, which is like a snowballier more imbalanced version of SR, that actually has ranked.

0 riot ****s were given that day.

Ethan8her2

02-16-2013

facepalm I cant believe I forgot to mention it needed a rank mode, thank you

Eloquid

02-16-2013

1. If you have afker, it's gg in pretty much any game mode. In Dominon you not need to suffer 45+ minutes such case at least.
2. I don't know, I won a game the other day that we were losing 5-450. What nerf to comeback are you talking about?
3. That's true. However, even in blind mode I find Dominion the most fun game mode of all, I pretty much can't stand playing a minute at Farmer's Rift or Shallow Isle in S3 any more.

Dondarrion

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mky View Post
Game is balanced for SR not Dominion, it was popular at first because people wanted to try it out but in the end wasn't as great as it was hyped up to be, takes less skill in my opinion
Less skill at last hitting and farming but the teamfight madness and jungle jukes/camping is great for learning how to teamfight which a lot of people in my normals don't do so well.

Ethan8her2

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondarrion View Post
Less skill at last hitting and farming but the teamfight madness and jungle jukes/camping is great for learning how to teamfight which a lot of people in my normals don't do so well.

Umm.. no dominion takes more skill any body can get an early couple of leads and steam roll a game. In dominion the builds are almost even threw out aka the only way to beat some on is SKILL!!

this is why summoner rift players dontl like it they don't want even fights they want to stay ahead because they cant hang.

Veristaya

02-16-2013

So how do you fix 3 ? Force players to do Dominion Draft? The queue is so long because few people play Dominion, and even fewer want to wait for bans and picks just to have an AFK ingame. Play blind pick.

Bergtau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Draft mode queue being so long isn't a bug or anything. You can't match people in a game if there aren't enough queuing.