The problem with Tresh's lantern...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rigormotis

02-16-2013

They should make it to where you just have to left click on it and it pulls you.

Tadeyoshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigormotis View Post
They should make it to where you just have to left click on it and it pulls you.
Why left click? You just have to be near it to get pulled after right clicking.

Drucifer0

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maazo Kaazo View Post
I think Thresh's ability was intended for HIM to pull the ally needing rescue. However, some players may not want to be pulled so Riot may have decided to give the final decision to the other player and not Thresh. So, technically, any ally champ stunned/rooted or not can and must be free to choose to get pulled to safety by Thresh.

That's how I understand the purpose of Thresh's Lantern. =)
Correct me if I'm wrong.
That makes so much sense, I'm pretty sure Riot had the idea that Thresh can lantern up a teammate to pull their ass out of a stun, but they knew it would cause issues if thresh was just pulling his team around without their say. So using lantern to escape CC is the purpose of the ability. Maybe it is OP, but I doubt that it is unintentional.

Sanvaer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

02-19-2013

An easy way to counter Thresh's lantern is to simply stand over it. If you're cc'ing an enemy, be sure and position yourself on the lantern before they can get to it. If you're standing over it, they can't click on it.

Corner Warrior

02-19-2013

bump

awkwardbowman

02-19-2013

I'm kind of curious. They keep saying Thresh is pulling other people, so they can be CC'd and he can still pull him. Wouldn't that mean if Thresh is CC'd then his lantern can't be activated?

Has that been tested? I looked it up and everything I've found so far has been related to the target being CC'd and not Thresh. :/

angryWelchMan

02-19-2013

I wouldn't be surprised if once people get use to the mechanic roit nerfs it. Right now its a completely new concept so there gonna give people a little leeway in figuring out how to work it

LogicalTautology

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadeyoshi View Post
I know all this, that's not the point. The point is that you can be stunned, taunted, or reviving as Anivia and still be able to get pulled. It shouldn't work as a substitute for getting crucible, cleanse, or any tenacity of quicksilver item.
Pretend for a second that the person being hooked doesn't have to do anything. All they do is sit there (even if stunned/Egg/etc), and Thresh is a fisherman that hooks them and pulls them to him. They played no part in that happening, meaning that them being CC'd has no effect on if they can get hooked by him.
There you go. Now it makes sense in a way that doesn't seem unrealistic. As someone has tried to explain to you, that is actually what is happening. The only reason the person has to click on (not be able to walk to, just click on) the lantern is to avoid trolling by Thresh.

Tadeyoshi

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardbowman View Post
I'm kind of curious. They keep saying Thresh is pulling other people, so they can be CC'd and he can still pull him. Wouldn't that mean if Thresh is CC'd then his lantern can't be activated?

Has that been tested? I looked it up and everything I've found so far has been related to the target being CC'd and not Thresh. :/
Sounds like something good to test. Easy way would be getting a long stun like Veigar and trying to pull them.

zarcath

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadeyoshi View Post
Similarly you can do this while taunted, stunned, or snared. I played a game today where a deciding moment in the game relied on my ult as Galio, and taunting everyone. But Thresh simply threw his lantern and pulled Anivia out before it could do damage... It should be fixed to only work when the character can move freely and not under any cc, or immobilizes. I think by the same format even other champions like Xerath could be pulled along while using his W. Sure it would be cool, but only if it's intended to do that, since Xerath is actually still able to fire spells while using his W and even AA, but in Anivia's case it just feels like it shouldn't do that.
I'm almost positive that the lantern can't be activated when you're taunted, stunned, silenced or knocked up. If they're able to use the lantern out of Galio ult it may just be a bug. I know I've had teammates who couldn't use the lantern out of Rammus taunt.

Why should slow prevent you from using the lantern? It's purpose is to pull teammates around, it wouldn't make any sense if the lantern only worked in ideal situations.