Hecarim nerfed. Thoughts.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MugenNightmare

02-19-2013

For everyone saying it's a jungle buff, stop right now and refund Hecarim.

You do realize this sustain is CAPPED, so this 20% **** isn't helping you what so ever.

Also it relies on your teammates doing damage, which is near zero at early levels.

He is going to suck, be destroyed, and Riot will ignore him until Season 4.

NthrxCounsel

02-20-2013

I think the people that are saying that the nerf wont' change him have no clue what they are talking about. I remember hearing the same things for the nerf to Skarner's shield that increased the CD. How everyone said it wasn't a big deal and it was just a minor nerf. Pre nerf Skarner had well over 52% win rate, post nerf skarner is sitting at about 46.5%. As someone that used to main Skarner, it wasn't the fixing so you could ult out of his flash that destroyed him, it was the shield nerf which completely destroyed his ability to act as a tank.....hmm...sounds similar doesn't it?

Extoll

02-20-2013

i will still play hec

treborr

02-20-2013

how will he come healthier out of the jungle if his w's cooldown is increased

AsprosX

02-20-2013

Im pleased with the nerf to spirit of lizard elder. Apart from that, hecarim is fine

treborr

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typical H View Post
Yay, this is actually a buff for lane Hecarim, which is what I play anyways. 200 base damage on q at level 9 in lane, early sheen, arpen runes, good luck trading, oh, I'm also gonna kill you under your tower and get away even easier now with 20% healing at lvl 1 of my w, also I get more burst because I can max e 2nd now. Thank you for buffing lane Hecarim, Morello.
You're right, he gets more damage on q and you only need lvl 1 w ,so you can max e

XElement

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenNightmare View Post
For everyone saying it's a jungle buff, stop right now and refund Hecarim.

You do realize this sustain is CAPPED, so this 20% **** isn't helping you what so ever.

Also it relies on your teammates doing damage, which is near zero at early levels.

He is going to suck, be destroyed, and Riot will ignore him until Season 4.
The W always relied on teammates doing damage did it not?
Also, again it ALWAYS relied on teammates doing damage, which was always near zero at early lvls. It is a buff early game wise. Just a longer CD which sucks but oh well.

But I agree I am not happy with teh nerf all that much.
They nerf the late game heal and add more to the CD while minor buffing the Q.
The cap does basically make the heal boost early in pointless. While nerfing hte damage is basically canceling the damage on Q. Though still a MINOR buff in damage wise. Sure you will do more damage with that 2 second CD Q hitting mor ethan the long CD W being up. But togehter yea, probably do the same amount of damage.

XElement

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeking View Post
You act like this change is going to ruin him....
Well the Q boost was quite minor.
As a result we have a weaker W.

1. There is a cap to the heal, so it actually isn't a boost early in.
2. W does less more damage, so together The boost to Q only makes up for the lost damage from W.
3. Boost the CD? That was overkill. His E has a long CD, now his W has a longer CD. That wasn't needed.

treborr

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XElement View Post
Well the Q boost was quite minor.
As a result we have a weaker W.

1. There is a cap to the heal, so it actually isn't a boost early in.
2. W does less more damage, so together The boost to Q only makes up for the lost damage from W.
3. Boost the CD? That was overkill. His E has a long CD, now his W has a longer CD. That wasn't needed.
This.
His early game wasn't even buffed hard enough to compensate for his late game, 10% nerf to his only tank steroid is like hell

APissedOffHobo

02-20-2013

Wow, out of all the **** that should've been prioritized OVER Hecarim, they go and do this. I'm starting to honestly lose faith in the balance team.

Fix the damn resistances and penetration formulas, and you wouldn't have these kinds of freaking issues.