Ignoring and Pings (Attention RIOT Staff)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wickid Ninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

I believe I am in the proper section for posting this. So here goes:

Before this most recent update I was allowed to ignore a player and no longer have their pinging animations spammed across mini map. I do this because the animations in rapid succession (3-5 pings in the same spot or down a river), drops my frames per rate to under 5 (not to mention the sound is annoying [i have sounds disabled for performance already thou]). Before I ignored these players I politely ask them to keep the pinging to a minimum and explain the situation of my computer. Most players will respect this, however I get trolls and very disrespectful players fairly frequently in my division.

This post is in direct response to my last Ranked Game (which I probably deserve a ban for verbal abuse in), during which I was grouped with two players who ignored my requests and spammed their ping on every enemy champion, ward, objective, turret, minion, and absolutely nothing for over 50 minuets. To the point where I just wanted to walk away from my computer (which I did not quit solely for the reason that it was the final game in my series for promotion) for the 2 frames per second it was dropped to every time I encountered an enemy champion, ward, objective. turret. minion. or thin air. And I was able to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about it. By far the WORST game I have EVER played in League of Legends to date (and that is saying a lot).

This is a plea for not only me but my team mates who must listen to me beg and rage,and my computer who is already in a sorry state, and the unfortunate people who have to read my tribunal cases. Being unable to ignore these trolls and destructive players is creating an atmosphere in which I am unable to enjoy this fine game and all that it has to offer.

Please Riot, reconsider your latest decision and mute pings of players ignored in-game. They are on ignore for a reason, if I am unable to ignore them the only option left to me is to sit AFK on my fountain to avoid feeding the enemy team kill after kill after kill from my 2 frames per second.

-Jebo

PetKitten

02-16-2013

I'm with you. RIOT ANSWER FOR THIS! You owe us for allowing every ******* and troll with a computer and internet connection to ruin our games, and now you take away our one weapon against them. EXPLAIN!

Wickid Ninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Possible solution to this problem:
Allow two different ignore features. Ignore Player Chat and Ignore Player Pings.
These options would allow people who's computers are very close to the system requirements of League the ability to continue to play and enjoy the game while still having effective means of communication with their teammates.

Wickid Ninjette

02-17-2013

as im sure you will notice from the names we duo together alot and i also have problems with the mass pings lagging my comp into a coma you can ask them over and over not to do it you can even explain that it causes lag and that it makes it hard to see the mini map when there are 10+ pings going off at the same time and half the time they dont speak or understand English except to yell at you about healing or dying (even tho the death was caused buy the lag due to the 10+ pings they just used) im to a point of not playing ranked at all anymore and tbh if im not playing ranked whats the point of spending money on RP for skins and champs i can never show how good i get with them because im not aloud to play in ranked

Java378

02-18-2013

Mass pings get on my nerves too.

They used to give me headaches because people ping 5-15 times. There is no need to use 6+ pings when only 5 of the enemy exists.

Mohammed Abdulaz

02-18-2013

Yeah there should be a way to block those.