Can we please have a serious discussion about AP Tryndamere

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotSid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreiyu View Post
I think AP Yi still stronger.. but I guess in a select teamcomp this could work
AP Tryndamere's heal is available more often.

Sybil Cut

02-15-2013

I got to your pros/cons section and stopped reading, because clearly you're biased towards AP Tryn and didn't bother explaining both sides well enough.

Laning Phase:

Both
* Melee champ, easily harassed by ranged
* Has sustain from Q
* Can use E to quickly last hit and get away without taking too much harass

AD
* Can last hit easier thanks to runes/masteries
* Has higher DPS in lane due to higher autoattack damage
* Any damage is guaranteed to hit and cannot be dodged
* Can itemize to take advantage of passives better

AP
* Greater sustain due to Q's AP scaling (150%)
* Better wave clear due to E's AP scaling being higher than AD scaling

I fixed this for you. When you play AP Tryn, you play him for his heal. His E is only minorly better than AD, and he can't itemize crit as reliably (for more spins. how about that)

FowD8

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSid View Post
Morello's is a great item on AP Tryn. "NOW HOLD ON A MINUTE!" you might be saying. "The unique passive on Morello's won't trigger for AP Tryn because his E still only does physical damage, regardless of what you build on him!" This is true, but remember, you take 1 point in the spellsword mastery, meaning your auto attacks will deal magic damage, thus triggering Morello's passive and allowing you to outheal anybody in your way.
Nashor's tooth is a lot stronger, that AS is extremely important for getting crits and split pushing (high base AD, you need the AS for taking down towers quickly) plus almost twice as much AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRyzeForNidalee View Post
What's the skill order on AP Trynd?

I'm gonna have to try him later... I assume Q is first, but I usually level W up next on AD trynd... AP trynd probably wants the damage from E though... hmm...
R>E>Q>W

play safe until basically lvl 6, and even then, don't dive the enemy, just play safe and use the ult to counter dives at ur tower, soon enough you'll be able to harass the enemy with constant W>E with ur ult as backup

and for the love of god, don't build Mpen, he has no magic dmg[

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokÝ View Post
And to make it even worse, he has no attack speed items, so his chances of totally resetting his E to use it again in a short time is just lol.
actually his E will come up twice as much (40 CDR is a must on AP Trynd) so he'll have it up twice as much which means he can AA twice as much (when getting kited) which means he'll proc crits twice as fast as well

Quote:
Yi can get in, get out very quickly. Tryndamere can't.
AP trynd can easily get in and out quickly, his E is up more often than you think and his ult... well ya

Quote:
So then what is the point in going AP tryn when you aren't going to use your only damaging ability in a fight? To do a mediocre version of AP Yi clean up?
you do use your E... it does ~600 dmg each time in an AoE

Quote:
If you want to split push with Tryn, then get a hydra. It's a good item on him anyway. His E has a higher AD ratio than it does AP, so going AP for the sake of being a better splitpusher is a bunch of poop
yes his E has a higher AD ratio, but AD is also 50% more expensive than AP, if you read my OP, I already went over this, that's why you do more dmg with E as AP than you do AD, AP is way cheaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedPorcupine View Post
The biggest problem i see with Tryndamere players is that NONE of them take Cleanse. Cleanse is an absolute MUST on Tryn.
yes and no, if the team has little CC, i'd rather go with flash/teleport or ignite/teleport

Anidan

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil Cut View Post
I got to your pros/cons section and stopped reading, because clearly you're biased towards AP Tryn and didn't bother explaining both sides well enough.

Laning Phase:

Both
* Melee champ, easily harassed by ranged
* Has sustain from Q
* Can use E to quickly last hit and get away without taking too much harass

AD
* Can last hit easier thanks to runes/masteries
* Has higher DPS in lane due to higher autoattack damage
* Any damage is guaranteed to hit and cannot be dodged
* Can itemize to take advantage of passives better

AP
* Greater sustain due to Q's AP scaling (150%)
* Better wave clear due to E's AP scaling being higher than AD scaling

I fixed this for you. When you play AP Tryn, you play him for his heal. His E is only minorly better than AD, and he can't itemize crit as reliably (for more spins. how about that)
Jax would like a word with you.

Yummines

02-15-2013

i think we need to talk about Tryndamere in general, not just AP. he's been forgotten for ages.

LSA

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSid View Post
AP Tryndamere's heal is available more often.
Yet it gives him no armor/mres and it doesn't heal as much over time so he can't tank damage/towers when it's off cooldown, but nice try.

Sybil Cut

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anidan View Post
Jax would like a word with you.
You had to, didn't you?

HeadHurtsAlot

02-15-2013

From the games I played with and against AP Trynds, I can say that AP Tryn is nothing more than a bd'er. I would say its the opposite of what Master Yi is.
AD Yi = BD'ing
AP Yi = Teamfights

AD Tryn = Teamfights
AP Tryn = BD'ing

lol I died again

02-15-2013

Support Trynd
- 40% CDR for lots of spinning (very very hard to die)
- lots of spinning means quickly catching opponents to slow/weaken them
- solid laning phase and good sustain
- entertaining
- like Veigar's Meteor, Shout can be used as a "searcher" ability to check bushes (actually, it's one of the, if not the best searcher ability in the game short of TF ult)

Try it, then come at me~

NotSid

02-15-2013

Quote:
Yet it gives him no armor/mres and it doesn't heal as much over time so he can't tank damage/towers when it's off cooldown, but nice try.
Tryn's heal is instant.

1234567 ... 12