Can we please have a serious discussion about AP Tryndamere

123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LSA

02-15-2013

AP Trynd could work if his only damaging ability had a shorter cooldown or reset on kill, but, it doesn't, so no, AP Trynd is not viable.

Dayblazer

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokÝ View Post
AP Trynd could work if his only damaging ability had a shorter cooldown or reset on kill, but, it doesn't, so no, AP Trynd is not viable.

His damaging ability resets off of crit.. and Trynd naturally gets 30% at full rage its not hard to have his E reset often in one fight.

IRyzeForNidalee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

What's the skill order on AP Trynd?

I'm gonna have to try him later... I assume Q is first, but I usually level W up next on AD trynd... AP trynd probably wants the damage from E though... hmm...

Shizzukani

02-15-2013

AP Tryndamere is highly viable, I would say amongst the Best Laners there are apart from Anivia or Gangplank perhaps. He will NEVER EVER lose his lane. His damage in teamfights isn't as good as others but his laning presence is retarded. anyone doubting this add me in game and i'll whoop your arse

LSA

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayblazer View Post
His damaging ability resets off of crit.. and Trynd naturally gets 30% at full rage its not hard to have his E reset often in one fight.
Oh, so you're basically saying he's going to have the same problem as AD trynd, which is he gets blown up in teamfights instantly because he's melee? Yeah AP Trynd is not going to get enough crits off in a teamfight to use his E more than once or twice before getting killed. And to make it even worse, he has no attack speed items, so his chances of totally resetting his E to use it again in a short time is just lol.

AP Yi actually works because his abilities reset on kill when his ult is active, his heal gives him a **** ton of armor/res and his Q makes him invulnerable.

Yi can get in, get out very quickly. Tryndamere can't.

Dayblazer

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokÝ View Post
Oh, so you're basically saying he's going to have the same problem as AD trynd, which is he gets blown up in teamfights instantly because he's melee? Yeah AP Trynd is not going to get enough crits off in a teamfight to use his E more than once or twice before getting killed. And to make it even worse, he has no attack speed items, so his chances of totally resetting his E to use it again in a short time is just lol.
You dont read well do you. AP trynd survives alot longer then AD trynd. Why? because healing for 500 hp is alot more then healing for 200 with no AP. AP trynd also doesnt really go in and AA ALOT think of him more as an assassin and he certainly doesnt have to E into the fight.

LSA

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayblazer View Post
You dont read well do you. AP trynd survives alot longer then AD trynd. Why? because healing for 500 hp is alot more then healing for 200 with no AP. AP trynd also doesnt really go in and AA ALOT think of him more as an assassin and he certainly doesnt have to E into the fight.
So then what is the point in going AP tryn when you aren't going to use your only damaging ability in a fight? To do a mediocre version of AP Yi clean up?

If you want to split push with Tryn, then get a hydra. It's a good item on him anyway. His E has a higher AD ratio than it does AP, so going AP for the sake of being a better splitpusher is a bunch of poop

Shizzukani

02-15-2013

Not split pusher, more of a tank who absorbs damage from towers and AoE for his team while also dishing out decent damage and cc. And it helps that you can literally never die.

CrazedPorcupine

02-15-2013

The biggest problem i see with Tryndamere players is that NONE of them take Cleanse. Cleanse is an absolute MUST on Tryn.

I'd also suggest a Zephyr as you want lots of AS to build up fury.

AD tryn is also a better jungler, With just Avarice blade and Wriggles, Tryn can easily SOLO dragon by about the 10-11 minute mark.

Late-game, You can 1v1 just about anybody in the game (except CC heavy people like thresh) with the build of Zephyr, IE, PD, BT, Beserker's Grieves, and Yomouu's (100% crit at full fury)

Tryn does have the issue of being kited, but so does just about every melee carry, the only difference between Tryn and Yi/Olaf is that Tryn isn't immune to slows, Yi is, Olaf is immune to CC entirely.

Cleanse and Zephyr help fix that problem and allow tryn to easily catch up to running foes. Especially with the bonus MS from PD and Zephyr.

Atreiyu

02-15-2013

I think AP Yi still stronger.. but I guess in a select teamcomp this could work

123456 ... 12