So... Taric

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElDynamite

02-15-2013

-Highest picked champion (53.06% of games)
-3rd highest winrate champion (56.33% of games) [behind Singed and Rumble who don't have nearly as many people playing them]

Come on. I think it's about time. Taric's winrate is way too high for the amount of times he's picked.
The reason is probably because he has both a stun, an unrivaled heal, and an armour aura which is ridiculously useful in bot lane (I know they're nerfing its early game potential, but still).

I feel the problem here is his heal (Q). It allows him to stun like a derp, fight, heal both himself and his ADC, then engage again, and repeat until the enemy dies or is forced out of lane.

Elyzian

02-15-2013

I agree, i don't understand the reasoning behind the blitz and sona nerfs awhile back but taric was left untouched...

I Land Hooks

Recruiter

02-15-2013

His heal isn't a problem, it's like a slightly better alistar heal (In terms of champion sustain). It's his tankiness. You max his aura, and it gives a huge advantage to the ADC.

Intellectional

02-15-2013

Taric's not OP, but Elyysian brings up a good point about Blitz and Sona. Or, at least Blitz. People need to learn how to play against him. He has no sustain. Ward brushes, stay behind creeps, and poke him down. Easy. Sona... I dunno. She has good poke, good sustain, and good all-in potential with her ult. She definitely deserved something, but I think she may have been overnerfed to a degree. Draven can auto-attack her for 1/2 her health.

Anyway, have you tried support Morgana against Taric? He can't do ****. Play with an Ezreal or a Tristana or a Graves. Someone with good early game burst. That way, when they try to engage, you block his stun and counter-engage when they least expect it.

Alternatively, Alistar can wait til lvl 6, then bait out his stun, ult out of it, and pulverize/headbutt the enemy carry. He meets Taric's sustain, and can push lane harder should the need arise. He's also much more useful late.

So, yes, his pick and win rates are absolutely ridiculous, but it's just due to the fact that he's an easy champion to win with because people don't know how to play against him. My team always bans him when we're first ban. Nobody expects it and it generally forces them to bring out the Amumu or Alistar ban. I'm surprised he's not banned more often. Shen, Malphite, and Blitz are highly overrated.

Ataahiya

02-15-2013

i propose a new idea. retune/work/buff the other supports so that they are competitive again.

DarkSideCreo

02-15-2013

his kit is a perfect support combination tbh. He just has everything a carry would ever want. Armor buff / debuff, heal, AD steroid, ranged point and click stun. Don't think they can do much, the kit is just too good, and even people that are not very experienced at supporting (like me, im maining junglers) can win with taric, when other support champions need more skill and knowledge in bot lane. So I think the reason he's picked so much (at least part of the reason) cause if you're forced to play support, almost anyone can take taric and do well.

Oz SammyD X

02-15-2013

Nothing is wrong with Taric, he is a well balanced support that has exactly what an ADC wants, your just mad when he stuns you right? Thought so.....

Akira Kid41

02-15-2013

Taric has no mobility. So just stay out of range of that stun.
Taric is extremely mana dependent and insufficient. He has that aura, but he has to put early resources into his own mana pool. It kind of evens out.
So throw down poke damage on his dps while avoiding his stun, there ya go kiddos. It is really that simple.
I'm not saying Taric isn't good, but he really isnt that much better than other champions, or supports for that matter.

Cater0mcf

02-16-2013

Xypherous on PBE Balance Changes:

" * Shatter no longer gives a flat 10-30 armor aura, instead radiating X% of Taric's armor to allies.
* Shatter has an armor scaling damage ratio.
* Taric's passive changed to deal X% of his maximum mana as bonus damage.

Taric is a generalist support pick that has a success rate far far far above his compatriots at the moment. We have a couple options on where to go with him at this point - but in general, Taric suffers from being a generalist lane bully to transitioning to a walking ball of aura statistics for his team.

This tends to lead to Taric feeling like he does very little overall to the team - even if he is adding something like 1000 Gold to everyone's base statistics.
Keep in mind, we're still heavily iterating the numbers on him. In the end, Taric should be a compelling pick if you are facing a heavy attack damage team and we'll adjust the aura value until he fits that mold.

Taric's base AD reduction is mostly compensate for his passive attack damage which is still undergoing numerical tuning."

"Taric is unquestionably above his peers at the moment in terms of overall power level - so in the end, keep in mind that it *is* intended to be an overall nerf to his laning presence."