Why Are Mid Players So Toxic?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rillain

02-15-2013

So if I had to rank all the roles based on toxicity, it would probably be:
1. Mid
2. Top
2. Support
3. ADC
4. Jungler

Yes, I put down 2 #2's because I personally think Top and Support are equally toxic.

Now I'm not saying that this goes for every game but from what I've seen and experienced, the list above represents the toxic roles that I encounter. Really though, Mid players just tend to be wayyyy more toxic than Top and Support combined and so the list may be inaccurate in that sense.

So what are the toxic mid scenarios I'm talking about?
1. The classic "mid or i feed"
2. The people who instalock Katarina every game and troll if someone calls them out
3. When jungler takes blue because mid died and mid brings it up for the rest of the game.
4. When mid keeps taking wraiths but rages when jungler last hits a few cs while lane is empty.
5. When mid blames loss on Jungler even though the jungler is involved with 80% of kills and only contributes less than 10% of the deaths.
6. When mid rages at bot even though he has the same amount of deaths as the adc and support combined.
7. When mid questions everyone's build (this is kind of a shared trait with supports)

Gotta go for now but I will finish my rant on mid players later >.>

the rice boss

02-15-2013

OMG I understand you. Mids are usually way more toxic. I just got from a game where Ryze blames Me (jungler) even though I was involved with about 60% of kills and only died twice while he went 4 and 7 i think. However on your list i would move support to 4th place because I dont see many rude supports but whatever.

Just Ziggs

02-15-2013

If this is true, I might be the nicest mid player :3

LoudFootSteps

02-15-2013

Well I main Fizz mid and I usually own up to my mistakes, as most of my deaths are my fault. Fizz is actually the only champion in the game I play and don't value farm over kills, almost always going overboard for a kill. If I do bad, I tend to only blame myself because of this.

I think top and mid tend to be toxic because toxic players would rather solo lanes in order to do what they perceive as "carrying," and therefore tend to be toxic. Support players also tend to be people forced into that role since very little people actually ask for support (I don't because I am a terrible support).

Usually when I question people's build, it tends to be for obvious mistakes like building Deathcap first on Fizz or building full damage Garen (not crit). Also, if I do criticize someone's build, I tend to actually explain what they are doing wrong. Like for the Fizz player, he should get Lich Bane as fast as possible in order to add 50 base power to his Urchin Strike plus and extra .75 scaling.

I do also tend to get put into the mid spot by my teammates, since I tell them that my best lanes are mid and top. It's not like I would rather solo a lane over duoing one, but 2v2s are annoying in my opinion and puts a lot of pressure upon the people there. I have to watch 2 people at the same time while making sure that I am out csing my opponent, dodging skillshots, watching the minimap, etc. When I play Fizz, I tend to not care about anything really because I focus on kills over cs and if someone ganks I usually end up getting away using my 20k gap closers.

Yeah, I am in Bronze IV. People in Bronze tend to be nicer and sometimes even better than people in silver. I have very little experience with trolls and the such. I am just going to assume that most people who make troll threads just got trolled once and got pissed and raged about it.

But yes, mid/top/support tend to be the most annoying, and jungle tends to be the nicest. ADC usually doesn't care because he is too busy farming (at least in my experience as ADC).

Kahleesie

02-15-2013

How is the support more toxic than the adc?

Let me rephrase that; How is a support THAT CHOSE TO BE THE SUPPORT more toxic.

We've all had those ragers who were forced into support and so they act like little babies.

PoisonedPeace

02-15-2013

the most toxic is always the one who claims to actually be plat, and he is only leveling up a friends account. then he goes 1/9/3 and blames everyone else

Intellectional

02-15-2013

For me it's usually:

1. Top
2. Jungle
3. Mid
4. ADC
5. Support

But arbitrary scales are arbitrary. I've got nothing against top players, it's just that that's where the instalock Dariuses, Teemos, and Tryndameres go.

ROKAF JE

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillain View Post
1. Mid
2. Top
2. Support
3. ADC
4. Jungler
1. Mid
2. ADC
3. Top
4. Jungler
5. Support

IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intellectional View Post
where the instalock Dariuses, Teemos, and Tryndameres go.
All 3 are reasonably viable, though.

Intellectional

02-15-2013

It's not the champions, it's that the people who do that don't give a **** if they're up against their hard counter or even if we already have a top laner.

Seriphym

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillain View Post
So what are the toxic mid scenarios I'm talking about?
1. The classic "mid or i feed"
2. The people who instalock Katarina every game and troll if someone calls them out
3. When jungler takes blue because mid died and mid brings it up for the rest of the game.
4. When mid keeps taking wraiths but rages when jungler last hits a few cs while lane is empty.
5. When mid blames loss on Jungler even though the jungler is involved with 80% of kills and only contributes less than 10% of the deaths.
6. When mid rages at bot even though he has the same amount of deaths as the adc and support combined.
7. When mid questions everyone's build (this is kind of a shared trait with supports)

Gotta go for now but I will finish my rant on mid players later >.>
I only play normals FYI. I am almost always Mid, I am always Kat and was scared when I first read this. However while I am not the best Mid I also am not a culprit for alot of these.

1. I have never in my entire game time purposely fed and to me trolling is the most annoying thing ever it rips teams apart so I stay away from it if at all possible. I have never sent out this ultimatum as a mid.

2. I will admit when I was first trying out Kat I was guilty of the instalock Kat. However the trolling was not part of my tool kit.

3. Dunno what your talking about with this and most likely doesn't apply to me anyway lol.

4. I don't jungle at all unless its dragon or baron.

5. I usually blame any losses on myself as chances are its probably my fault for not Mid Laning correctly. (Still learning and I fully accept that I will be put into games with players above my skill level)

6. I never rage in game. The only time will ever call someone out is when they are constantly berating/harassing the rest of the team.

7. ROFL I only play Kat so I really never call out someones build, as I really don't know what they are supposed to be building. I have only called someone out on it and that was because they had sold all their items at level 16, purchased all the Wards they could and spent the rest of the game lighting up our nexus like a Christmas tree with them.