Que Dodge (Ranked) Point Penalty?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verbrannt Jüdin

02-15-2013

Hi Riot, I am just here to say that leaving a ranked Q should not make you lose points or lose a match for a series game. I think the time penalty is punishment enough. I believe this is unfair because of some of the players you encounter, who cannot chose a viable lane role.

Examples would be, two junglers, two supports, two adc's, just extra of what is not needed.
I generally encounter this when one or two people argue in champion select and decide to troll the whole team. I just wish you could take away losing points for que dodging. Please respond to this with reasoning behind why this is.

I have never posted on the forums, but I feel this is an issue. Thank you

Balls on Point

02-15-2013

The loss of points for dodging a que is stupid. You punish players because other people are not cooperative? Really?

And I'm told that if you dodge a que during a promotion series, that it counts as a loss? Is this true? And why? Because the bot person threw a fit because he wanted to be adc and picked Pantheon Support instead? Or the Vayne that threw a fit and constantly walked into the bottom lane feeding them kills?

Banning, Suspending, or giving them a warning isn't going to change the fact that they threw a promotion series ranked game because they are only able to play one role and only own 20 champions.

There should be an incentive for those players to try harder when their teammates are in a promotion game. Like double IP if you win? Put a banner showing who's in a promotion game. And stop punishing people that actually dodge because OTHERS are being uncooperative or trolls. Or put in a vote to kick option where 4 people need to make it go through.

Or just keep letting people who seriously want to put forth effort into your ranking system, be grieved by those that really don't give a damn.

LoudFootSteps

02-15-2013

I have little experience with trolls, but the concept behind it makes no sense. "Oh god, we are gonna lose because I didn't get ADC, so now I have to surrender the game before it starts." Hopefully my luck continues and I rarely ever see trolls.

Now toxic players, on the other hand, tend to be EVERYWHERE. I get around 2-3 reports on enemies/teammates per every ranked game I play, just because you make a mistake. I once laned against a Graves/Leona bot as Ezreal/Soraka, and they made the stupidest plays ever and I got really fed. It was sad, too, as Graves was a total nub and whined about Leona in all chat the entire game, and proceeded to call his team terrible instead of actually playing the game.

Well, my friend once got paired with a guy who got pissed he didn't get mid and picked Kassadin with Clairvoyence and Revive. His team said that they didn't care and would report him afterwards, and he himself dodged the game.

I think you should just stick with the game if someone trolls and report them afterwards. I guess since you can't report until after the game so that a fair judgement can be made, dodging has a penalty. This discourages players from dodging in order to suck up the loss and report that troll. So I say don't dodge if there is a troll on your team, just play and report.

ROKAF JE

02-15-2013

ITT; "We want the easy way out instead of just playing for fun and placing people on ignore"

It's almost as if the community has heard this before. Maybe once... or twice.

Point loss needs to stay, I'm tired of waiting 25 minutes to get into a game from the no-penalty S2 bads.
LP loss doesn't affect MMR.
Learn the difference please.

Edit: More people need to follow LoudFootSteps example. He's not exactly high ELO but he maintains a great attitude and still gives good advice.

These complaints tend to come from A) Junior Forum Members or B) Bronze-Silver tiers. It never fails.

JohnsonLing

02-15-2013

totally agree man!!!
the team troll so much becoz they cannot get to the role dat they wanted to or 2 or more player needing the same role in a team, and becoz the penalty point made me decide to no leave in pick champion mode and keep trying and hope to carry it. And the final result always is free lose and decrease more and more league point, 13-3 to 15-14 record. Riot this made me really really confuse, because the penalty point of leave the champion pick mode and made myself to lose more league point to playing a 100% lost game and waste the time.

Undersky

02-23-2013

Dredging this up because screw trolls... it's not fair that you're forced to play with them and even punished for refusing. Can you imagine if there was no penalty at all? Trolls would never get to play games! Everyone would win...

Kawaii black man

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

Qu?

LogicalTautology

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPuppemasteRx View Post
Dredging this up because screw trolls... it's not fair that you're forced to play with them and even punished for refusing. Can you imagine if there was no penalty at all? Trolls would never get to play games! Everyone would win...
No penalty at all? 80% of the userbase trolls in Champ Select, games literally never start.
Time penalty only? X% (way lower than anyone who complains about it claims) of the userbase trolls in Champ Select, games start after 2-3 dodges.
LP penalty? A fraction of X% of the userbase trolls in Champ Select, games start after 0-1 dodges.

IIIIllllllllllll

02-26-2013

Riot is just crazy. You lose points for dodging, but if you dont dodge, you lose the game and lose even more points. AHHHHHH

Misticaltom

03-01-2013

I'd just like to know what I lose for the new patch's client bugging out on me during Champion select, and why I gotta wait for this 15 Minute que time! FORGET YOU QUE TIME, YOU MAKE ME LOSE ELO APPARENTLY!

Durn curse you.