Do i deserve this ban

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiNGT3RRoR

02-15-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6217549/#nogo

Take a look though the case, the last game i was already talking to support about it and he said its my fault i bugsplat, also the first 2 games i was kinda toxic but my whole team was aswell, tell me your thoughts about this case.

LittleDi

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
2) I only have 1 bad game in my Tribunal Reform Card, why am I banned???
a) The Tribunal verdict is not based on a 'majority' rule; there is also no requirement that all games have to be toxic for it to warrant a suspension. Depending on the case, sometimes 1 game is all that is needed to show that the player deserves a suspension. To Tribunal reviewers, decisions like these are up to you. When you view a Tribunal case, the questions you should ask yourselves are, "Is this player's behavior appropriate in League of Legends?" and "Would I want to play with this player?"

4) That player in my game was far worse than me. Why am I banned???
a) I'll keep this one simple: retaliation isn't OK. Reacting to a toxic player by being toxic just incites that player to be even worse--it also ruins the game for up to 8 other players. It is far, far worse to watch two people yelling at each other all game than it is to watch 1 player ranting into blank space. Almost everyone in the game can find someone out there that behaves worse than they do--but so what? Finding someone worse doesn't justify your behavior or justify retaliation. We expect more out of our players. What players often don't realize is... those other players in your game that you thought were worse? Nearly 100% of the time, those players were banned even before you were. If someone is being toxic, just report them and move on. If you retaliate, both of you will be banned. It's really that simple.
You were toxic, know it, and declared it.

KiNGT3RRoR

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
You were toxic, know it, and declared it.
There should just be a mute command for toxic players, simple fix.

Fanaticmogg

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNGT3RRoR View Post
There should just be a mute command for toxic players, simple fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
1) What's the point of having a language filter if I can get banned for 'adult' language?
a) We aren't out to punish players who use adult language; in fact, very few players are ever banned for saying stuff like "f***, I missed that skill shot" or "damn, f***ing close game!" However, the language filter is not an excuse to verbally abuse someone in the game. When you verbally abuse or harass someone by calling them "f***ing ******" or "n*gger noob", that's when you've crossed the line and will be punished by the Tribunal. I've said this before and I'll say it again, we aren't trying to clean online games of adult language; we're trying to reform or get rid of jerks who like to verbally abuse and harass other players.

KiNGT3RRoR

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticmogg View Post
This is clearly not true.

MasterTerranort

02-15-2013

Quote:
This is clearly not true.
If a Riot Employee posted it then it is true and you have to deal with it.

KiNGT3RRoR

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTerranort View Post
If a Riot Employee posted it then it is true and you have to deal with it.
No, it doesn't matter i've seen tons of ban reports with people swearing but not directing it at someone, and they've been ban. also thats like me saying you're ****ing bad, that shouldn't be banable its stating an opinion

MasterTerranort

02-15-2013

Quote:
No, it doesn't matter i've seen tons of ban reports with people swearing but not directing it at someone, and they've been ban. also thats like me saying you're ****ing bad, that shouldn't be banable its stating an opinion
You can also state that while not making yourself look like a ******bag which is why it is punishable and bannable.

BayemonLoL

02-15-2013

To be honest, I would have said this MAY be borderline. However, you don't just get to the point you are on a few isolated reports. Many people would have had to report you and when I read something like this I always remind myself of that. The tribunal decided on a guilty but riot decided on the ban which means their is likely some kind of past that we don't see. You will typically get a warning before you get a ban, I am just trying my best to explain.

Ext3rmin8or

02-15-2013

Quote:
Amen. No matter what any Rioter has previously stated, there should never be any bans for language or abuse in games that have a built in language filter and mute button. (The filter is on by default, I might add. This means that in order to even see uncensored offensive language, one must consciously and knowingly make the decision to turn the filter off. The notion that someone can knowingly and willingly turn the filter off and then still be allowed to report and ban people for verbal abuse that they themselves made the decision to be able to see, is ****ing absurd.)