Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Quinn and Valor Feedback [Passive Suggestion]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

anyone

02-15-2013

I love this champion so far. However there is one thing I'd like to see regarding her passive.

Thematically, you team up with Valor to do bonus damage. That is awesome.

In it's current implementation, it sometimes does more good for her enemies.
Sitting in a bush and you get marked? That bush is warded.
See a minion/jungle monster get marked? Quinn is nearby.

Suggested change:
1. Make the mark only visible to Quinn/Quinn's team.
2. Change the animation so that Valor flies down and attacks with Quinn when she attacks a marked target, rather than flying down to mark the targets initially.

This would keep the theme of teaming up with valor for bonus damage, and make the mark more of a signal between Valor and Quinn. Like they are planning or something.
It would also make it feel like Valor is doing damage rather than applying a damage less mark that tells the enemy "Hey, Quinn is here and has vision of you!"

EDIT: Valor's jokes are the first LoL jokes that actually made me laugh out loud. Bravo.

Exiled Ditto

02-15-2013

I'll just point out that enemies not being able to see the mark means there's no counterplay, and that's poor design especially when there's damage involved.

A better change would be if the mark only appears for enemies if they either have seen Valor apply it, or if they currently have vision of Quinn. This way, they can tell when they will take the extra damage and react accordingly.

Neo Cyrus

02-15-2013

The enemy seeing it will be a major problem unless they balance for it. That's a huge problem Syndra has. Holding a minion? She's going to try a combo. Two orbs down? She's going to ult, walk away and laugh when the orbs are gone in a second. People may QQ that such a champion is fine, but that's at far below trash level at roughly -1000 ELO. I've never encountered a Syndra that managed to land a full combo or a 2+ orb ult on me.

iZallen

02-15-2013

While im fine the way it is, the hard part is determining which nearby enemy it would mark. sometimes when I have the desire to chase down an enemy champion, Valor decides to mark a minion with low health which happened to be nearby.

anyone

02-15-2013

Quote:
Exiled Ditto:
I'll just point out that enemies not being able to see the mark means there's no counterplay, and that's poor design especially when there's damage involved.

For things like Vayne or Vi I agree.

For Quin and Valor, it isn't really damage you need to have a counter play option for. What is the counter play to Jax's ult passive? Riven's passive? Diana's passive? Nocturne's passive? Shen's passive?

Some champions have passives that sometimes apply bonus damage. The counter play is to know how much damage they do.

Yes. Having it visible to the enemy team adds counter play. I don't think there should be counter play with a "bonus damage" passive. Especially when that "counter play" gives the enemy team a big information advantage.

If Harrier did something more like revealing units in the fog of war or stealthed, having it visible makes sense. If it is a somewhat random "sometimes bonus damage", the enemy doesn't need counter play.

I am speaking from experience playing AGAINST Quinn and Valor (I dislike auto locking so I usually end up as the support).
There has not been an occasion where the visibility added counter play in a cool way. Just in a "Oh Quinn and Valor are here. Oh this is warded." way.

Neo Cyrus

02-15-2013

Diana's passive can be clearly seen. If you can't see the blade glowing, then the problem is you. You even know how many hits away it is because she switches hands each swing.

anyone

02-15-2013

Quote:
7Cyrus7:
Diana's passive can be clearly seen. If you can't see the blade glowing, then the problem is you. You even know how many hits away it is because she switches hands each swing.

Okay. Fair point. I did not know that. Imagine all the counter play I could have done against Diana if i knew when her bonus damage was going to apply. I would have known to avoid being auto attacked by her for extended periods.