Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

i want to spend $ on a Nid skin but...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AUS Final Spark

02-15-2013

they need more nid and anivia skins.

also most kogmaw skins are exactly the same, just change in color..

Morgan FreeFarm

02-15-2013

I bought Leopard. Never looked back. It made me like 10x better at Nidalee.

SirKillsOlot

02-16-2013

Quote:
krimsonKasper:
You do know Egyptians WORSPHIED HOUSE CATS.

Right? And no I'm not joking, it was part of their culture.

maybe so, but in comparison to her default model/skin, the pharaoh skin is just weak.

the point i was making is, this skin could have been beautiful or ferocious and it is neither.

they did a good job with that in the re-model, but adapting the existing skins feels kind of hurried. that is why i am using the default model, and asking for new skins.

they seem 1/2 done, some quick solutions stick out like a sore thumb, and instead of making better versions of some old re-colors they just re-colord the new model.

which is kind of irrelevant because they aren't even available for purchase... but it is the basic theme with the 2 skins i can buy.
(french maid's cat wasn't worked on, and pharaoh nid is just lame)

Top Lane Only

02-16-2013

To be honest, I just want another simple recolor (like snowbunny). Her reworked base model is just superior to all of her other skin designs.

SirKillsOlot

02-16-2013

Quote:
West Mantooth:
People like to hate on the recolor skins- until they're legacy. Then everyone on the forums complains about not having enough time to buy the skin.

i really don't mind that it was a re-color but that word is so damn literal in this skin it's not worth my $.

if Nidalee is no-longer a sabertooth and is now a leopard , then why in the world put a bunch of huge hulking POS teeth around her waste, neck, ears, cat's collar, even on the same spear she always has.... the cat no longer has mammoth teeth of a saber cat, but she's rocking out giant dinosaur teeth. (leopard is a jungle cat, unlike the saber tooth, and actually should have realistic jungle decor, not some rando fossilized jewelery)

that cat collar is on like all of the re-color skins, but it only makes sense on the default model, it's think and brown and stitched together... it's leather.

here the same crappy collar still has saber teeth, and is green? what is it supposed to be... mossy tree jungle bark?

she has the green gem on her forehead still in human form and it isn't on the cat any more mysteriously, but they leave all the other randomness that actually doesn't make sense for the skin
...wipe it off her forehead it looks like a tiny smudge anyway

skin is so lazy

ZeroSoulreaver

02-16-2013

I miss Snow Bunny Nid

SirKillsOlot

02-16-2013

Quote:
ZeroSoulreaver:
I miss Snow Bunny Nid

if they changed everything that is colored green to white or pink, got rid of the cat collar (i don't mid if she has a cat-collar in cat form, but this pink piece of turd looks random and makes no sense)... AND

...made it available, i would consider purchasing this lazy re-color just for variety.

SirKillsOlot

02-16-2013

Up^

Demotion 101

02-16-2013

If the spear head on bewitching Nidalee really stopped you from buying it, you're extremely picky and a little bit ungrateful.

SirKillsOlot

02-16-2013

Quote:
MoreMellow:
If the spear head on bewitching Nidalee really stopped you from buying it, you're extremely picky and a little bit ungrateful.

i'm not going to spend $ on something i am purchasing solely for looks, if i don't like the looks...

the spear head ruins the whole theme of the skin, and so do the feathers. the feathers are part of her jungle motief, so is the spear.

it's like putting a cleaver blade on corporate mundo's briefcase, or a cleaver handle so it looks like and axe... or something, it's out of place and ruins it for me. cat's eat birds, so every Nid skin has feathers? that is stupid.