i want to spend $ on a Nid skin but...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grammatizator

02-15-2013

after remodels french maid is more than a recolor

Kagome

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammatizator View Post
after remodels french maid is more than a recolor
^ this. Her human form is so cute.
Her cat form might be a little bland but her human form makes up for it

SirKillsOlot

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaniilla View Post
^ this. Her human form is so cute.
Her cat form might be a little bland but her human form makes up for it
the cat kills it for me, every skin they made for her has some super-lazy design solution incorporated.
if they put 1/2 as much effort into that cat model as they did with the picturesque ribbon tied to her spear, then i would consider purchasing it

not even that they just colored the cat dul-flat black, but the lace fabric looks like it is made out of clay.
her models can incorporate thin feathers and flowing-ripped skirts, but the cat's thick leather collar is now colored white with a texture overlay and it's supposed to be lace?
it would be better if they just got rid of it instead of doing it crappy.

.. and what kind of cat looks like that? every other cat has indigenous markings to resemble a realistic feline. (saber-tooth, leopard, house cat, siamese..)
if they wanted it to look like a panther or a black leopard they should have

i would go as far to say, taking the leopard Nidalee cat model, removing it's collar, and re-coloring it with a vibrant scheme of deep black and subtle greys and using that in place of the current french maid cat model would make this the first acceptable skin for Nidalee, despite the admitted laziness of this solution.

eXandre

02-15-2013

She needs another skin. I agree.

Kagome

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKillsOlot View Post
the cat kills it for me, every skin they made for her has some super-lazy design solution incorporated.
if they put 1/2 as much effort into that cat model as they did with the picturesque ribbon tied to her spear, then i would consider purchasing it

... if it was available
Well Betwitching Nidalee's cat form was cute, it had a lil hat and stuff so it wasn't *that* lazily made, and the human form was cute too. Personally, Those things would even out of the fact the spear might be chunky.

Pharaoh has a really unique cat form, it may not look ferocious but it's still unique.

Vapeurs

02-15-2013

Her French Maid skin is awesome, who cares if the Cat form isn't superb, the human form is amazing. Gives me an excuse to throw more spears.

SirKillsOlot

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapeurs View Post
Her French Maid skin is awesome, who cares if the Cat form isn't superb, the human form is amazing. Gives me an excuse to throw more spears.
i know it's only 520 RP, but it's like 1/2 a skin.

i'd rather buy a legendary skin that was great, or this one if it didn't 1/2 suck

really the only skin that meshes well and looks great is the default model they re-worked

i've been playing her a lot lately, my last 10 games were 9 wins with Nidalee. wish there were better options for her skins

SirKillsOlot

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXandre View Post
She needs another skin. I agree.
ty.

Manly Kangaroo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

People like to hate on the recolor skins- until they're legacy. Then everyone on the forums complains about not having enough time to buy the skin.

krimsonKasper

02-15-2013

You do know Egyptians WORSPHIED HOUSE CATS.

Right? And no I'm not joking, it was part of their culture.