I love riot as a company but their customer support has been awful.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dcore147

02-15-2013

I was banned for a billing error caused by my mom's credit card. My mom saw the bill by riot and freaked out assuming someone had taken her number somehow (because she didn't know what riot games was) so she contested charges. After explaining to her she calmed down. Because the charges were contested riot has the right to ban me just in case I was committing fraud (which I'm obviously not) which is reasonable however it is not reasonable for support to not reply to your emails for a week while still being banned. I obviously shouldn't be banned yet riot hasn't seen to it to even put a few minutes in to unbanning me so I can get back to playing. This is a free service even though I've spent a lot of money on rp but its getting ridiculous how effortless they are being with an innocent player. Community can you give me advice to contacting anyone that may help unban me? there aren't phone lines are there?

AnaIPrincess

02-15-2013

It's not Riot's fault you used your Mom's credit card without permission.

Kabusabe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Did you email their support team or submit a ticket through their online system?

Either way it's odd, but I'd suggest submitting something through

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...s_requests/new

You'll have to pay the balance again before your ban is lifted since it was charged back.

dcore147

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fournations93 View Post
It's not Riot's fault you used your Mom's credit card without permission.
I did use it with permission she just didn't know what riot was on her statement bro

dcore147

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabusabe View Post
Did you email their support team or submit a ticket through their online system?

Either way it's odd, but I'd suggest submitting something through

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...s_requests/new

You'll have to pay the balance again before your ban is lifted since it was charged back.
Yes I've sent requests already and have gotten no reply. And how would I pay the balance when the account is banned?

LittleDi

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcore147 View Post
Yes I've sent requests already and have gotten no reply. And how would I pay the balance when the account is banned?
The account would be banned because of the charge back. It's a billing thing and nothing else. So your mom made a mistake, but it's not the end of the world. This is not something the Tribunal can fix for you. This requires you to contact Riot's billing department.