Choosing a roll

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adventure Timer

02-15-2013

As you keep playing you come across different and higher skilled players so you face the need of getting better at your game (lets not talk about team playing, its another different topic) so you tend to play roles and champions that suits your skills better, or just the ones that you think are really cool... In higher levels, then again you face players just as versitile (thay play any kind of champion on any roll) as they are skillful, then again you need to improve your game in order to keep up, and here's the question, in my case, for example i like to play support, tank and some times bruiser champs, i'm not to much into playing carries or mid champs, and i definitely dont like jungling, so, should i focus on improving those rolls to be that pillar for my team or should i care to learn how to play those other rolls (that i dont really like), to be ready to cover that spot in case a team mate takes a roll i ussually play or simply because i run out of chossing chances.

YoungGoN4v5

02-15-2013

You need two rolls. It is impractical to attempt higher level play across multiple roles. You just won't be able to match them blow for blow against a roll they have practiced so many more times than you.

Intellectional

02-15-2013

You should be able to do any role, but everyone's got one or two they're not so great with. That's okay. Sometimes, people will be willing to trade with you as long as you don't flame them. Support is a great role to have available because good supports are always in demand, but you can make those roles you don't like more tolerable by finding champions that are fun.

For me, it was jungling. I just love laning: keeping a constant eye on your enemy, throwing out harrass whenever possible, and waiting for the perfect moment to all-in them. By comparison, jungling just seemed like fighting creeps for 3 minutes before you could finally PvP, which may not even be successful. I started trying out different free week junglers until I found Xin Zhao (ez pz champ), and now I'm more willing to jungle every now and again. This can be a good way to expand your repertoire.

ROKAF JE

02-15-2013

I play all 5 (everyone should know how to play all 5 at least PASSABLY if you want to be successful), my jungle is pretty meh though.
That's why my best friend is a monster jungler

Romantic Metro

02-15-2013

I can do all roles passably, but my best are for sure top jung and support. If I do mid I'm gonna zed cause I'm so comfortable with him it's not even funny anymore lol... That being said knowing and feeling comfortable with certain champs no matter the situation is just as important. If you face off against a good counter pick then turn that lane into farm central for you. Hold out till your jung gives you the support you need.