How to properly peel

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BallSagett

02-15-2013

I've heard a lot about the term peeling, but I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on doing it properly. Every time i try and do it, I feel as if my adc is just running around anyway and I would be better off dpsing in the fight. Is it because my adc doesnt know whats going on or what?

FlowyS

02-15-2013

I guess have your team stand in formation. Super tanky units in the front, somewhat tanky units in the middle, squishy units in the back.
This makes it easy for your allies to peel enemies off you.

BallSagett

02-15-2013

If I were the bruiser, how would I go about peeling? what do I need to do.

ChiefClive

02-15-2013

If you're a high dps bruiser, you should be taking our their carries. That will force them to do the peeling, which effectively keeps them away from your carries because their focus will be shifted on you.

BallSagett

02-15-2013

So lets say my carry if really fed, I should just stay back by them and protect them?

FlowyS

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallSagett View Post
If I were the bruiser, how would I go about peeling? what do I need to do.
Maybe make a list of what is more important

VERY IMPORTANT
1. target enemy closest to your most valuable ally
2. target closest enemy
3. target weakest enemy
4. target any enemy
NOT VERY IMPORTANT.

This above might not work for all possible situations. The most important thing is to basically think what should you do to have the best chance of victory in a teamfight.

Devious Rogue

02-15-2013

It depends on your abilities. Xin makes a great peeler because of his Ult, his slow and his pop. Many a time, I've use his Ult to throw Jaxes, Katarians, Rengars and the like off my carries after they've been jumped.
Darius would too, esp if you positioned him between your carries and the enemy team and saved the hook for peeling.

Others, like Garen/Olaf, can't really peel. They work by either counter-diving the enemy carry or helping your team instagib whoever tries to get to your carry.

Pobbes

02-15-2013

Peeling works like this. You have a carry. He will pentakill the enemy team if ignored. So, the enemy will focus their death rays at your carry. The carry is going to try and dodge this while getting to that whole pentakill business. So, how you peel is by using your CC on any body who gets to close to your adc.

If your a tank, you also intercept skill shots. For example, if the enemy adc is Ez, you stand between EZ and your ADC so Ez can't hit mystic shots then You stun EZ so he stands and gets melted by your ADC.

If you are a bruiser, you attack the target who is the biggest threat to your ADC. So, if you got a Cass melting your Renek and a Warwick attacking your Cait, you attack WW. Cass is the better kill, and easier to take down, but peeling is all about protecting the pentakiller.

Etherimp

02-15-2013

It helps to have some form of CC and/or a disengage..

Volibears throw, Singed's throw, Alistars Headbutt, Trundles E, Udyrs Bear Stance, Jarvan's everything... Slows help, Stuns help more, knockbacks and throws help the most.

Basically, stay near your ADC and engage anyone (Say, Akali), who dives near them.. Use your CC to keep them away from your ADC. If your ADC is any good they will be kiting while you peel.. This doesn't mean you shouldn't be putting out damage.

LarcyBrown

02-17-2013

For peeling it helps to identify what kinda player the guy with the pentakill potential is.
It also depends what role your playing.

If your support and its very late game , save your exaust for the guy jumping the fed carry.
Mid game might be better to use it on the person who can dish out the most damage on enemy team.

Peeling basically mean use ANY position displacement or knock ups or knock backs or any hard CC
on anyone attacking the guy with the pentakill potential on your team.