love the game, but ranked q forcing me to quit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bananas777

02-15-2013

Let me start by saying, I love this game. I know that a big part of this community is spoiled kids and trolls as well, but I still love this game. The time has come for me to say good-bye to this game that I love. I have poured countless hours and $'s into this game, and thought it would improve. The game itself is amazing. I could never get enough of it, but with the new ranked season and my goals for improving myself and my rank out the window, it's time to move on. I know trolls and players who just throw tantrums mid game are an inevitable event to every game played of LoL, but when enough is enough, you just have to let it go.

I have over 300 ranked games played. Last season I made the grueling climb from 600elo to the 1300's and anyone who has done this, knows the amount of trolls you must deal with and keep a level head through. Yet, with over 600 ranked games last season, and 300 already this season, enough is enough. I honestly don't see any end to the constant "head to keyboard" or "fist through monitor" feelings that some players just enjoy causing in this game. The language barriers of players who are not from NA and not speaking English, the trolling at champ sele, the trolling because someone gave up first blood, or the plain idea that they can get away with saying/doing what they want because they know there is no consequence.

I don't know. I am not asking for any thing to be changed, I am just venting and saying that, LoL you gave me a good run and I have deff. donated too much $ to you, but when ranked games aren't even fun or competitive and normal games, just boring. It's time to move on.

peaCe Riot. Good luck to the future of your game.
(loved the new Jayce skin, was my last donation to your cause)

oh here is a parting ss of what just threw it out the window for me. Ranked game. Best of Ranked NA. (Xin decided to throw a fit because we were losing) Silver tier elo. gg.

Haitah

02-15-2013

The game isn't forcing you to play ranked.

PoisonedPeace

02-15-2013

i am climbing just fine. from bronze 5. i havent made it too far lol but i havent lost a division and in 200 games i have had a 95% positive experience.

You need to work with your teams.

I was playing yesterday, and some kid afk picked leblanc and we already had a mid. no one dodged, but into the game I got everyone to think we still had a chance. We won by surrender.

EDIT: that screenshot is the best thing i have seen all day lol

cabrego

02-15-2013

i know how you feel, it is really frustrating sometimes. I found a group of guys that I play with and we play ranked, arams, etc. Brings back more fun to the game

Ghyrt

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haitah View Post
The game isn't forcing you to play ranked.
He also stated that normal games were boring to him; none of the game variants are doing it for him. Seems like taking a break is the logical choice.

Haitah

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghyrt View Post
He also stated that normal games were boring to him; none of the game variants are doing it for him. Seems like taking a break is the logical choice.
Yeah, taking a break works for a lot of things.

DTRUCKINGRAILER

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

I was gonna say... if you can't stand playing ranked... don't ****ing try normals

Axle the Beast

02-16-2013

To be honest dude, it sounds like more than anything you just need a break. I'm sure you're getting tired of the game overall, but chances are you can still squeeze enjoyment out of it if you just don't play it very much or at least not for a while.