What to do if "Server is Busy"?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrankIV

05-24-2010

Why would you buy a game that is free? All that money you put into this game doesn't make you any better, it just makes you a sucker.

MittenMagick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

Okay, guys, seriously, this is getting old.

Riot, along with other companies trying this "Free-to-play" microtransactions model, is trying hard to make it so money may speed a process up, like XP boosts for your summoner level, IP boosts, or buying a champion you may be good at, but that it does not affect anything in-game. That is one reason why runes are able to be bought only with IP. Putting money doesn't make you a sucker. It's that money that is fueling these servers and paying the salaries of the dev team. It means you're giving back to a company. Not paying money, however, does not make you a smarter person or a freeloader. It means you aren't as intense about the game. That doesn't mean you're any less of a person. You're just a different kind. Payers and non-payers are just different people. Again, you're not any better or any worse because you are one or the other.

Now shut up.

Black Demon SP

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MittenMagick View Post
Okay, guys, seriously, this is getting old.

Riot, along with other companies trying this "Free-to-play" microtransactions model, is trying hard to make it so money may speed a process up, like XP boosts for your summoner level, IP boosts, or buying a champion you may be good at, but that it does not affect anything in-game. That is one reason why runes are able to be bought only with IP. Putting money doesn't make you a sucker. It's that money that is fueling these servers and paying the salaries of the dev team. It means you're giving back to a company. Not paying money, however, does not make you a smarter person or a freeloader. It means you aren't as intense about the game. That doesn't mean you're any less of a person. You're just a different kind. Payers and non-payers are just different people. Again, you're not any better or any worse because you are one or the other.

Now shut up.
/Clap

This is the best reply I read. Seriously man, you have my respects.

Izzen

06-24-2010

I cant play! WTF

Ketamine Panda

06-24-2010

i dont mind them closing off part of the servers or w/e to slow stem the flow of everyone logging on at once and then starting to que, but maint. has been finished for what 6-7 hours now because it was done before the expected time. meaning, its taking longer to let people in to the servers after updates have finished then the updates themselves. this is rediculous. for a few hours maybe. but as far as im concerned this is a 13 hour maint. and counting.

Target2

06-24-2010

Are you able to download the patch while the server is busy or is there just something wrong with my game?

I downloaded the standalone client and it's not patching for me.

Is it really that hard to just make the patches downloadable from the website rather than the launcher? I highly doubt it is.

MikeEasy

06-24-2010

**** you

instigat0r

06-24-2010

Wow, all the pissing and moaning has made me physically ill...I'm just glad they decided to make LoL F2P, I'd never have played it otherwise, and have invested money in it since. All the same, it'd be the most courteous and mature thing for everyone to just sit tight and wait for whatever may or may not be wrong to be remedied. If it takes too long for you, stop checking and go on with your life, because in the end, no matter how much money you spend on it, its a video game whose only consequence in reality is a drain on your time and wallet, however enjoyable. =D

s0ulOfD4rkn3ss

06-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordin View Post
You'll need to refresh, in the bottom left of the launcher is options, click it, click save options and it will refresh the launcher to check the server status.
just press F5 it works like internet explorer.i know this may sound strange but i can have my patcher on IE but it doesnt work