What to do if "Server is Busy"?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

skylarkTG

01-18-2011

OPen it up so that is says busy or whatever.

hit F5. This refreshes it. If it is still busy/unavailable, repeat.

A LOT.

But eventually, you'll get online.

StingrayShuffle

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergydz View Post
For you "paying customers" You pay because you like this game, you find it fun and worth improving with your real earned money.

You aren't paying to be on top of other players or anything.

yes i invested as well, but to make the game more fun.

In all this is a game and you need to relax. It wont disappear and it will still be here tomorrow or in a couple hours.

Yes, I understand where those who helped should have majority, but are you thinking of those who haven't payed and new players. Your already a reliable customer, and those are still undecided future customers.

More money > money we already have
I agree with the majority of this post. I, for one, have bought riot points. I neither agree nor disagree with the train of thought that if you pay for LoL then you should be on servers before others. It seems that the majority of those posts are people masking their immature greed with a logical idea. However, I would challenge the idea that "more money>money we already have". It's an appealing thought and I'll give you that much. There's a balance of new and past customers contribution to the overall income of a business. Question's that need to be answered may include but are not limited to:

1) What percentage of new players that end up purchasing services or goods from us?
2) What percentage of our income is brought from repeated/past customers?
3) What category do new players fall under? (Are the monetarily capable of purchasing goods services, how much would we expect them to purchase, etc...)
4) If we made non-contributing players happier, can we expect them to contribute? How much?
5) If we made contributing players happier, can we expect them to contribute more? How much?

You don't have to look very deep into society to find examples where "more money>money we already have" are causing problems. Car insurance is the first I would think of. Newer members being treated better than past members is driving those past members away, and it creates instability. Knowing this, why would new members want to join in with them knowing that, in time, they will not be treated as well as they have come to expect to be.

But, to everyone complaining about contributing capitol to Riot Games and not being treated better than everyone else, I would gladly direct you to their HR department. I can nearly 100% guarantee you that the only thing Riot wants to hear from us is how much we enjoy the actual game-play, and how we feel the game-play could be improve. I highly doubt that Riot will ever take economic advice from players. Furthermore, the manner in which we lay out our ideas could very well be most important of the criteria for our ideas being not only read, but heard. Please, everyone, step beyond ranting, flaming, and bashing. Think things through from more than your perspective.

Riakou

01-18-2011

if they get another server they wouldnt have enough players for a que unless they did cross server ques which is alot of work lol its gonna take time to build all that up but hey riot keep on making a great game one day in the future id love to see a new map

TheRiptideVibe

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeIeToN KeY View Post
Wait i just joined LoL. U have to pay?! u mean i just got a Trial?!
its 2011 january 18 Reply plz
Yes. You have to pay. Its $20 a month? How come you don't know that when you signed up. They tracked your IP and they are sending you mail to pay. Lol Jk. Thank you JP for giving us the 411.

Omg itz Matt

01-18-2011

Ok im going to help all of you! hit f5 and as its refreshing hit these keys in this order! left right left right down down up up 3 4 once that is done it should say online. Have fun!

jadus

01-18-2011

league of legends seems to be too popular for its own good may need a second server IMO

Omg itz Matt

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryFukinPotter View Post
Come on Riot, seriously....I've been refreshing, and waiting for over 3 hours now, this is getting a little ridicules. Is there seriously nothing that can be done about this?

Says the server is offline, then busy, then offline, then online I log on, then the game gives me issues, saying the store isn't working, game freezes, I need to restart and oh lo'and behold its busy again, or offline....

This is so stupid, there must be some way you can solve this issue in some manner?
when you refresh hit left right left right down down up up 3 4

Omg itz Matt

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalma View Post
It also works to simply hit F5.
left right left right down down up up 3 4 hit ha combo asyou reresh ad i will say onlin. This n a joke