What to do if "Server is Busy"?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnagizer

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashir Lightner View Post
Just for your information. I'm not 15 I'm 21. And I've worked 12 hour days for a long as I can remember with my father so we could make rent and put food on the table. So I in fact DO know something about appreciation. I also know that if you have enough money to blow 100$(which several of you have stated as how much you've spent) you probably don't know what it's like to NOT BE ABLE to spend the money you have on games. So maybe next time you decide to pull out your insult blow-horn maybe you should think about what your typing before you actually send it out. And you ALSO completely ignored the fact that it doesn't matter how much money you've paid out, if you didn't SPECIFICALLY purchase something that gave you priority access to a server(buying the game could be included there, I haven't read the EULA) You don't and shouldn't get it.

And @Golden1 from what I understood, they put the server on a "Busy" signal so they could throttle ALL incoming traffic while not specifically kicking the people already in. And while yes you should be able to play a game whenever you want, with multiplayer games the servers do go offline from time to time. I have TF2 and Steam shuts it off for a few hours every couple months. We have to remember this downtime was for maintenance. was it ill-timed? Possibly. Was it unprofessional? Up for debate, but still possible. but was it still necessary regardless? Yup, **** right it was.

I feel sorry for people like Ashir Lightner who feel like they actually have to take time from their lives to respond to losers like Nova.

Thanks a lot for putting an idiot like that in his place, but we all (the intelligent players like you, as well as riot administration) know that as a growing game, the servers will always have some downtime. can this sometimes get annoying? yes. have riot continuously been reminding us they will be working on fixing it? yes.

So for people like Nova that complain they paid for the game and should have priority because they are too immature and impatient to wait a couple of hours without plugging themselves into a video game, please do us a favor and stop giving us your opinion like it matters. Thanks.

Jimisdegimis

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinrok View Post
i completely agree with ^ you don't see games with item malls giving people who spend money priority over ppl who don't, not everyone has a pot of gold next to them that they can just keep feeding into the Internet, i seriously think if you "paying customers" have a problem tell me one game that gives priority to paying people over non paying tell me one and i guarantee your wrong
WoW, AE, and LOTRO are three I know of just off the top of my head, DDO might too but I'm not sure. WoW will actually bump people off if you have not paid for it yet, AE will bump you to the back of a queue and LOTRO also bumps you to the back of the queue and may bump you off if you haven't paid for it.

Plz note that I am not arguing either way for LoL to do this or not. Just pointing out some games that have paid customer priority.

PuffyBoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

You guys should be grateful you got a response from the great Jesse Perring.

HarryFukinPotter

01-18-2011

Come on Riot, seriously....I've been refreshing, and waiting for over 3 hours now, this is getting a little ridicules. Is there seriously nothing that can be done about this?

Says the server is offline, then busy, then offline, then online I log on, then the game gives me issues, saying the store isn't working, game freezes, I need to restart and oh lo'and behold its busy again, or offline....

This is so stupid, there must be some way you can solve this issue in some manner?

HarryFukinPotter

01-18-2011

Also, that each time I do try to look at the server status page, the page wont load, or you get the icon of "oops we broke it, my bad!"....wtf?

Zombehh

01-18-2011

How much longer do you think they will be?

SkeIeToN KeY

01-18-2011

Wait i just joined LoL. U have to pay?! u mean i just got a Trial?!
its 2011 january 18 Reply plz

PuffyBoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

You "customers" paid for a response from the great Jesse Perring.

Yonfii

01-18-2011

Now is Online Again

Zalma

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordin View Post
You'll need to refresh, in the bottom left of the launcher is options, click it, click save options and it will refresh the launcher to check the server status.
It also works to simply hit F5.