Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

2000 wins vs 150 wins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QooJ

02-15-2013

it's really stupid that whenever your trying to play a solo matched game, the opponent you face always so competitive, and well played with the chapmions that selected for the lane.so i thought to myself (since i just reached lv 30 with less than 200 wins) maybe they are just a better player. So as result, many games i lost because team getting destoryed by our opponet. After the game i was checking their info on their wins ...this is where i find out that all their team have a win rate of 1500 above, and the players on my team including myself are all below 300 wins ..SO whats with the matched ups?? i mean sure, you get a competitve game out of this but whats the point of playing if you keep getting outplayed by player that are better than you with more experiance with the game? i mean the game should match you up with player that have a relevent wins rate similar to you & not with some random matched up like this. I just wanna hear a reasonable explantion from the riot team and hopefull the match up would be somewhere fair.

PrincePapa

02-15-2013

I totally agree with you. I dunno what happened to the recent matchmaking system, but while Ranked feels pretty balanced (at least, to me) normals are so unbalanced. What's especially annoying me, is that they often actually give you teammates in your win range, while the enemy team has a much bigger win rate.

Earlier, me (400 win) and my friend (500) got matched against a team with people with around 1500 win. I think you can guess how it ended.

Haitah

02-15-2013

I don't see the big deal.
My team just a second ago: 500- wins, enemy team - Everyone had over 1,200.
We won

Agent of God

02-16-2013

wins dont determine how good you are. if that were true then fruutt would be the #1 player in LoL

Dondudu

02-16-2013

There is an invisible normal MMR, just like for ranked. Those 1500+ win players have to be at a similar mmr to you for you to be matched against them. If you keep losing more games than you win because of encountering these players, your MMR will drop and you will verse weaker opponents.

MrEvolution

02-16-2013

I agree, it's pretty ridiculous.

Your wins would amount to how much time you invested and experience/insight gained from each game played/ won.

A 200 wins player would have XX wins/loss vs a 5 wins player/ X loss, clear distinction of how much game time and exposure to ranked despite the 200 possibly losing like let's say 190 games.

Yet I get teams like:

0 wins + 7 wins + 9 wins + 43 wins + 100 wins VS 300 wins + 200 wins + 100 wins + 5 wins + 200 wins ~ > Actual occurrence, all my lanes lost by 15 minute mark.

Matchmaking should incorporate our hidden ELO & wins on each person in my opinion.

Though in saying that I still had a 300+ wins Garen who rushed Black Cleaver on my team so some people obviously just have no hope even with that much exposure to games and wins.

Oz SammyD X

02-16-2013

No this is good, those people are the same level as you, same divisions meaning they are doing just as good as you are, ranked isn't determined by how many wins ones had otherwise the system would be broken as hell and you will get matched up with pro players or noobs that have no idea just what they are doing, its actually a very good system, you deserve to be matched up with them.

Edit: didn't realise OP meant for non ranked, or did he? Either way the system works well, what it does is tries to find a game that has players with roughly same wins as you, but if you are in a queue for too long it will eventually start to find whoever it possibly can, do you really want to sit in a queue for 10 minutes just to find someone with same wins as you? I don't think so.... You were clearly in the queue for a long time or the system simply could not find a player similar to you.

ROKAF JE

02-16-2013

They probably duo queued with a lower level / win amount

ethello

02-17-2013

I just uploaded same problem to the forum too.

My opponent had two 1500+win players and 900+players while we were all under 150 wins.

They said they're all premade when we are all solo players too.

Their lowest player was with 122 wins, which is our level.

ethello

02-17-2013

Quote:
Oz SammyD X:
No this is good, those people are the same level as you, same divisions meaning they are doing just as good as you are, ranked isn't determined by how many wins ones had otherwise the system would be broken as hell and you will get matched up with pro players or noobs that have no idea just what they are doing, its actually a very good system, you deserve to be matched up with them.

Edit: didn't realise OP meant for non ranked, or did he? Either way the system works well, what it does is tries to find a game that has players with roughly same wins as you, but if you are in a queue for too long it will eventually start to find whoever it possibly can, do you really want to sit in a queue for 10 minutes just to find someone with same wins as you? I don't think so.... You were clearly in the queue for a long time or the system simply could not find a player similar to you.

I actually would rather wait like 2 min~3min to play a balanced game rather than play a game that lasts at least 20+ min and get destroyed.