Why is Bronze D2 paired with Gold?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tbagchamp

02-15-2013

alright so I was bronze and doing very well. I went from 0-100 without losing a game. Then I got to my promo series, and it all changed.

Even while I was moving up the ladder I was getting paired with some low division silvers, which seemed ridiculous to me. Then in 2 of my promo series I got paired with mostly silver D2s and 3 Gold D5.

How is that fair at all? Of course I lost. Im bronze D2.

Now, I'm not a super good player, I mean Im bronze. That doesn't bother me though. I have a fair understanding of the game and a good understanding of the characters and roles I like to play and enough knowledge to fill in the other roles as needed. I don't want to be pro or the best or even really Gold.

Still, I think that if I won that many games against Silver, thats where I belong.

Its not like if I had won my last promo series I wouldve been promoted to silver right? I still would've had to go through Bronze D1, probably playing against even more silver and gold ranked players.

This is the first time that I really feel like Riot hosed me. I love what Riot has done with every thing so far, but this is so frustrating! Not only to be placed out of my league, but then I have to deal with Gold division making fun of me for not being on their level, which I don't even want to be on, and if I win I get to do it all again only without the title, and if I lose I get to stay where I am only to try it again next time I get the next 100 points!

So what the fudge?

tbagchamp

02-15-2013

Please don't down vote, it's an honest question and I don't think I am being unfair. If you disagree, please let me know why.

JevelFaithful

02-15-2013

there is still a matchmaking rank, probably something pretty close to ELO, under the hood. Maybe you won too fast and you're caught in a mix of rating too high and not enough people playing? Where are ou and what time do you play?

Teknotik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

It could also be due to a duo. Hidden MMR still applies when you are qued so the opposing team might had someone who duo qued and one happened to be gold with another who had a very low mmr

tbagchamp

02-15-2013

Statiqhock,

Well before season 3 I had just started to get into Ranked. I got my first 10 games in and that was it. I duo queued with a friend and ended up losing most of those games, placing me at about 1100 elo. That's fine, I believe pretty firmly in Riots matchmaking system, I think it does a very good job at placing summoners against summoners of similar skill levels.

Once season 3 started I stopped duo queing and played on my own. I was placed in Bronze D2 and I won every game in a row to 100 points. The last 2 games at least I was playing against all silvers, as high as D2s. Not sure if I started playing against those Divisions before, but thats when I started checking.

Well for my promo matches it ranked me against mostly silvers and some gold division players. Again, thats fine with me, if the matchmaking system believes thats the level Im at then I don't have a problem with that.

If the matchmaking placed me against bronze players constantly I would be fine with that too.

The problem is that the matchmaking system says that I am bronze division, and then pits me against silver and gold players.

My complaint is that it should be one or the other. Either put me in a higher division or place me with people in the skill level I was placed.

I don't duo que, although one person on our team was duo qued with a bronze. He was gold V. On the other team there was two Silver II, a Silver I, and two Gold Vs.

Once again, I think the system works well in that it places you against evenly matched opponents. However, it's frustrating to be in bronze D2 trying to get to bronze D1 playing against Silver D2 and Gold!

That's like a yellow belt in karate fighting his way against red belts to the championship to have a show off against black belts haha of course he won't ever win the next belt.

Teknotik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

I didn't say you were duoing I meant that the other team could have a duoq with someone with a much lower mmr

tbagchamp

02-15-2013

Oh I see. Well regardless, there were two golds in their team

danualmanual

02-15-2013

"Im bronze" "I have a fair understanding of the game" lolwut
the matchmaking system ensures both teams are as even as possible, so you wouldve had silvers/golds on your teamas well no? another bronze qq thread, move on

Seriphym

02-15-2013

Don't forget that some players pay to be carried to a higher division.

Their skill level is not really that high though so after a while they begin to lose games through solo que and they will finally come to rest in games that match their skill level.

While they will never lose that Division sticker they may end up stuck in Bronze because that's where their true skill level rests.

ØJêšušØ

02-16-2013

I believe that is called the turning point. In Ranked Premades Season 2 you would play a few games, first couple were around your hidden elo (wherever you started) 4th would be low elo players, 5th would be around current elo, 6th (games played is probably wrong, i dont know how many i played exactly) would be high elo as to see where to place you in the system, (my turning point was going against a platinum team when we werent even ranked)